PDA

View Full Version : dropping water on the caney 8-13

fishingman62
08-16-2008, 01:56 PM
hey grumpy .. i got there an hour after generation 11 am... what i have noticed is the water level drops very slow and the flow is a bit faster....and colder lol lol.....after 4hrs or more alot the areas that are dry land by then still hold water..... after 2 hours of fishing i noticed my #18 bead head midge was still not getting all the way down and i was not getting the hits on the swing i usally get ... i fish my midge 2-3ft below my indicator ...last week i fished happy hollow and 4 hrs after generation the water still covered alot of the gravel bar by the boat ramp.... i think it will be good for fishing colder ,higher, and a bit faster water....we just all will need to make a few adjustments... hope this helps give you an idea of what has changed ....i would love the chance to fish with you sometime.... from what i have read here a guy could learn alot from you.... always eager to learn more about the caney and different patterns to use to fish it.....

Grumpy
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
well heck, i had to ask what the water was like:redface: i have a walk in & float trip this week, sounds like i'll be doing the upper end, haven't seen it since June, the lower end has been fun.

Grumpy

Fishermansfly
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Sounds terrible, I for one wouldn't reccomend anyone fishing it under such conditions! Just terrible, stay home folks! Watch a dvd about fly fishing and relax, spend time with the family, there just won't be any fish caught under these conditions!

~Brett