PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fished Deep Creek lately???

10ML
08-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I was just wondering how Deep Creek was fishing lately. Anyone? What is the water level like? See any bears? Last I heard they were having some problems with the bears up near campsite 53. By the way….how many miles is 53 from the trail head?

Thanks

ajh10567
08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
53 is actually closed right now but it is around 4 miles from newfound gap road, and 11 miles from the trailhead down at the bottom

ChemEAngler
08-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I was actually thinking about heading to the area around 53 to fish this weekend. However, I will try to think of a backup.

Travis

Redfish62
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I fished the uper part of deep creek friday before last. I am sure the water has dropped some since then. Cuaght a lot of brooks and a few very nice bows.

old tom
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I think y'all on the TN side of the hill have had more rain than we've had on the NC side. We've had virtually zero rain in three weeks. Had just enough Saturday night to settle the dust. The water seems to be about as skinny as it was this time last year.

Fishing on the upper section will probably be better than the lower portion. I saw the lower two miles on Friday and it's fishable - but you better bring your best stealth tactics with you.

Also, watch this weather system coming up from Florida. It's supposed to hit WNC Thursday and/or Friday. If we get the 3 - 5 inches they're talking about, the weekend could be a washout but next week could be really good.

Speckleman5
10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
I was in there yesterday, fished up from the parking lot. I caught a 12" Rainbow under the last bridge before the trailhead...pretty fish but kinda downhill form there. I managed a few more keepers on a BHPT. Bugg has a pic of that bow maybe he'll grace its presence on here. We also met up with GaitorBaiter on the way down the trail. It's always nice to meet a fellow poster and shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Hope everyone has a good weekend.....Gone to Smokemont...