PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for a friend's son

jeffnles1
08-20-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure where to post this and I hope it's OK here. I know there are a number folks here who will help.

A very good friend's son attempted to take his own life yesterday. Fortunately, he was unsuccessful in that attempt. However, it's going to be a long road to recovery.

Please lift this family in your prayers.

Thanks,
Jeff

DarrinG
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Prayers on the way.

mtnman2888
08-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Very sad that someone would resort to that. Hopefully his problems can be resolved, will say a prayer with a heavy heart to your friend's son and his family.

Paula Begley
08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh dear. How sad, that.

Of course, prayers on the way.

Paula

Bran
08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Will do, very sad--Bran

ccmmcc
08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
If it's a drug or alcohol related problem, I have some experience with that and would be willing to talk with him. If you would like, you can email me ccmmcc at gmail dot com.

jeffnles1
08-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Everyone,
Thanks for the prayers and warm thoughts. I appreciate it and I know the family will appreciate it.

Chris, thanks so much for your kind offer. I'll let his father know. If there is a bright lining to this dark cloud, I do not believe it is drugs or alcohol, from what little information I have, it's a sense of hopelesness over some failed relationships and a series of questionable choices.

His father is a professional counselor and has friends in the field who I believe can also help.

I will pass your kindness and offer on to the family.

I'm always surprised in times like this the overwhelming good in people. All we hear about is the bad but time and time again, I'm reminded there are far more decent good people out there than there are bad.

Thanks everyone who has responded and those who may not have posted a response but stopped what they were doing and said a prayer.

Jeff

nvr2L8
08-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Jeff,

You know you can always count on the fine folks on this board to support with prayer and empathy. Thanks for including us in this concern.

bigpopper
08-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Jeff,
It's a sad thing that he resorted to attempted suicide, but he is still alive for a reason. Prayers are on the way, and will put him and his family on a prayer list at my church.
Take care,
Mark <::><

bigpopper
08-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Jeff how's your friend's son doing? We're still praying for him.
Take care,

jeffnles1
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Jeff how's your friend's son doing? We're still praying for him.
Take care,

Thanks guys. He's home from the hospital now. He came to church today. Physically, he's OK. His emotional state will take time to heal but he's home with his family for a few weeks. His employer has an employee assistance program and he's going to enroll in that for some professional help. He's on a leave of absence but enrolling in the program will allow him to keep his job secure while he works through the issues.

I appreciate the prayers and I'm sure the family does too. I told his dad there were a bunch of fishermen praying for them and that I think God has a soft spot in his heart for people stupid enough to try and outsmart a fish by waving a long skinny stick in the air.

I think with prayer, counseling and time he'll be OK. He has a strong and loving family who will support him and be a good safety net.

Please do keep up the prayers. While the immediate crisis is over, I imagine this is going to be a long process and this young man will continue to need our prayers for a very long time.

Jeff

Paula Begley
08-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Jeff,

Good news, that. One person stupid enough to try and outsmart a fish by waving a long skinny stick in the air continues with prayer. ;)

Paula

Bran
08-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Jeff,
So glad to hear prayers are being answered and help is on the way. He has already started the healing process it sounds like. A good friend of our family experienced something similar recently, we'll continue to pray for them.

jeffnles1
09-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Guys and Gals,
I wanted to give a quick update. The young man is still doing OK. I talked with his mom at church last week. She said he's doing better. She didn't indicate all is back to normal yet, but she was smiling and thanking folks for their prayers.

The support you all have given in prayer is overwhelming. The fact he's home in the arms of his mom and dad and surrounded by his sister and brother and that he's doing this much better this soon is nothing short of a miracle. There's no doubt that the prayers you all and so many others have offered will continue to lead to healing of this young man's heart and spirit.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Jeff

ALflygirl
09-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey Jeff
That's great to hear. I saw a great quote the other day..."When prayers and praises go up, blessings come down". Prayers still going up for this young man and his family.

Rachel

MtnMike
09-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Jeff,

Somehow missed this post when it was started. But we will join in prayers for this family.

Mike