PDA

View Full Version : West Prong Little Pigeon 08/22/08

nvr2L8
08-22-2008, 05:54 PM
It was a nearly perfect day. Got started this morning on the WPLP around 8:30. Water temp was 62 - warmer than last time I was up that way but still not bad. I started out with a BHPT behind a yellow PA and got nothing. I did notice that there were fish hitting the dry so after a while (too long), I cut off the dropper and went exclusively with the dry and that's when the fun began. With my first cast on dry only I caught a 5" rainbow. I then caught 5 fingerlings and was starting to get a little frustrated when the bigger ones started hitting. I ended up with 22 trout for the day, biggest was 9". Most were in the 5-7" range.

Haven't had that much fun with a dry in a long time. Beautiful weather, nice temps up that high and lots of willing fish. Can't beat it with a stick. :biggrin:

PeteCz
08-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Haven't had that much fun with a dry in a long time. Beautiful weather, nice temps up that high and lots of willing fish. Can't beat it with a stick. :biggrin:

Just rub it in.....
:mad:

Glad you had a great day, sorry I missed it...

nvr2L8
08-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Pete,

Nothing to envy here - 10 days in CO sounds pretty good to me. Holler when you get back. With some luck, some rain and lower temperatures our trip into that new stream might be a good possibility.

Be safe and have fun with the son.