PDA

View Full Version : Fly Tying Hooks

David Knapp
08-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Byron,

I'm glad you got the hooks online...I know you put a ton of work into getting that up and going. It looks great and it will make ordering hooks a lot easier since you have such a great selection...:cool: Can't wait to see what your next project is... Keep up the great work!

monktrout
08-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Just ordered some hooks and they came right away. Thanks. Monk

2weightfavorite
08-24-2008, 02:41 PM
It seems that other than hooks, it is beads that I must re-stock the most. I nymph fish a lot, and always with a bead. therefore the number of hooks I use equals the number of beads I need. Although this is not quite true. I lose a lot of beads, especially the ones for size 18-22 flies, before they even get onto the hook!!:eek: Which reminds me... It's time to buy beads again..

Byron Begley
08-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi David,

I hope school is going well for you. It's not the same around here without you. Thanks for the Hook Store comments. If this works and I think it will, we will add a larger selection of hooks.

Monk,

Thank you for the order. We appreciate your business and friendship.

2weight,

Beads will probably be next. The problem is, when I take a picture of a bead my camera and head show up in the reflection. Look at our bead head flies and you will see what I mean. I might start wearing one of those masks that come out around the end of October. I may get a McCain and Obama mask and switch them out.

Byron

ttas67
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I highly recommend the new mustad signature hooks that LRO is carrying. I've been using the dry fly hooks and love them. they have one dry fly hook that is a 2x fine, light wire. makes a very nice dry.

ChemEAngler
08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
I am pretty excited about the online hook catalog. I am taking inventory right now and putting together an order. Thanks LRO for making this opportunity available, and I look forward to whatever you plan to add in the future.

Travis