PDA

View Full Version : Who is the mystery woman?

BlueRaiderFan
09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm glad I've never seen her on a river or stream...I wouldn't get anything done.:biggrin: Man, Hardy sure can pick 'em can't they?!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/sstew54/Hardyposter2-1.jpg

Fishermansfly
09-02-2008, 02:15 AM
That my friend is the Daughter of Mr. Hardy himself! At least a good friend once told me so! ;)

Apparently you don't get alot of magazines or don't see alot of the new ads! There's one floating around the magazines of a lady in a cabana hat in a silver bikini on the front of a skiff in the middle of the ocean with a fly rod in her hand! P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! A funny thing advertisers, the ol term s** sells, couldn't be farther from the truth! I obviously don't remember the name of the advertiser! Got a little to lost in the advertisement!

~Brett

Paula Begley
09-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I obviously don't remember the name of the advertiser! Got a little to lost in the advertisement! In which case, the advertisement failed.

Paula

BlueRaiderFan
09-02-2008, 07:55 AM
That my friend is the Daughter of Mr. Hardy himself! At least a good friend once told me so! ;)

Apparently you don't get alot of magazines or don't see alot of the new ads! There's one floating around the magazines of a lady in a cabana hat in a silver bikini on the front of a skiff in the middle of the ocean with a fly rod in her hand! P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! A funny thing advertisers, the ol term s** sells, couldn't be farther from the truth! I obviously don't remember the name of the advertiser! Got a little to lost in the advertisement!

~Brett

It's pretty funyy that they didn't put her in chest waders lol. As pretty as she is, I'm still not going to buy an over priced Hardy outfit when I can get one from Orvis that is just as nice. I guess it's the exchange rate, but those Hardy reels are ridiculously priced when compared to Orvis. I really can't see a difference in quality either.

JimmyC
09-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Who knows if it is true, but I've heard from some folks that Hardy will no longer be making their reels in England.

BlueRaiderFan
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I keep hearing that as well and from guys that work in fly fishing shops. Too bad. I was thinking of getting one for my 3wt that I wanted to set up, but if I'm going to pay that much, it better be made in England. Everyone wants to outsource these days and I think they are losing some of the branding that they've accomplished over the decades.

Stonefly
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Isn't it the Orvis BBS that's no longer made in England?

sb

BlueRaiderFan
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Don't know.

Paula Begley
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
No, it's the CFO.

Paula

D-Drake
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
From what I've heard... some of the new style reels like the cartridge reels are being made in Asia somewhere. I believe that the classic Hardy reels are still be made in the United Kingdom but not entirely in England which is why they no longer say "Made in England".

Daniel