PDA

View Full Version : Bauer Rogue 4

Nharrier
09-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm thinking about a Rogue 4 for a Winston biimx 7 wt. Any thoughts about the match (weight balance)? Use: bass and light saltwater use.SA gpx or rio gold 7 wt line?

I've noticed that the reels are still posted as backordered. Has anyone got info on their production schedule?

Thanks

Grumpy
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I think they should pay some overtime & get caught up, the Rogue is a sweet reel & the 4 should match the Winnie perfectly.
I want a 5 to go on a 10 weight;)

Grumpy

DrewDelashmit
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Nharrier,

I probably would steer away from either of those lines for salt use. They just don't have anywhere near the stiffness to hold up to any kind of heat. I might suggest SA Mastery Saltwater Taper, Bonefish Taper or even Redfish Taper. In Rio, I would probably steer clear of their bonefish lines, they are great but likely way too stiff for casual use. They do make a Saltwater Taper and Clouser line with a braided core that isn't nearly as stiff.

Nharrier
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the information & saving me from frustration. I was skeptical of the gpx & Rio gold for salt use. Ihave the mastery saltwater on my 8wt sage xi2 and am somewhat pleased. might try the redfish or bonefish lines.
I assume the clouser is good for salt? I wasn't sure from the info I came across.
Any thoughts on a sinking line or shooting line/head for same 7wt?
Thanks again!!