PDA

View Full Version : Dropper?

SWAMPUS
09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Now That Ya'll Have Helped On Rod Choice,question On Droppers.have Had Good Luck With My Go To Elkhair Caddis In Sept+oct. One Post Mentioned Green Weeny Which I Assume Is An Inch Worm.would This Be A Good Combo Late Sept Or Go To Caddis Larva?

Gerry Romer
09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Green Weenie should still work but definitely take along some PT, BHPT and some SMBBSH. You might also grab an Orange Stimulator or an Orange Palmer just in case things star to cool down earlier (And judging from Byron's fishing report, that may just happen this year).

Gerry

SWAMPUS
09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks Again,gerry.always Have Orange Palmers In Box.wouldn't Leave Home Without 'em.prefer 'em With Hackle Tails Instead Of Pheasant.that Way You Can Curl Them With Your Knife To Better Simulate Real Tails.i've Actually Seen This Make A Diff.so Much So I Curl All Dries.

David Knapp
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Unless we start getting plenty of rain, you really won't need to fish droppers unless you just want to. Plenty of fish will take a dry...

Speckleman5
09-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Even better than that is a fuzzy hi vis orange tail. Big and bushy brings out the action for sure. I live by my Palmer, I haven't tied anything else on in the last 3 weeks. There is a type os string I use, I will let you know tomorrow, too late to dig it out now.

TroutAssassin
09-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Like plateau angler said, dont bother with the green weenie as a dropper unless there has been a good rain to wash terestrials into the stream. If you must fish a dropper, just use a #14-#16 BHPT, no sense tying on anything else for park fish. I would just fish a dry such as a orange stimulator without a dropper. Park fish have no problem taking flies on top. You will just end up hacking the dropper off in frustration after your first 2 or 3 fish tangle it up pretty good anyway.