PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Camp

jeffnles1
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Lynn Camp has been a very special place that my son and I have shared for some time now. We love the hike and the stream up there. There have been some special father-son moments and some very interesting conversations (interesting insights to a how a pre-teen and teenager's mind works).

The last time we were in the Smokeys was in April. We had some other trips planned this year (Yellowstone for one) and knew we would be unable to get back before the stream closed.

Standing in the parking lot at the trailhead, we were figuring if the stream stayed closed for 5 years, the summer Daniel graduates from high school should be when Lynn Camp reopens.

If we're right, he and I made a date to go up Lynn Camp and catch some brookies before he goes off to college.

Jeff

Rog 1
09-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I hope that is one date you are able to keep....Tremont holds a special place in my soul....I fished these waters with my grandfather the last years he fished in the Park.....the only photo I have of him out fishing is a picture of him rigging up before heading to the water above the Cascades....I have also taken my son up these same waters and we have also planned a trip to go after the brookies when it opens back up....maybe we will bump into each other

jeffnles1
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Rog,
If the timing works out. you just may see us up there. I should be retired from my job by then and being the last summer my son will be at home before he goes away to college, I plan to spend as much time with him as he will allow.

That's why we went to Yellowstone this year. At 13, he still likes to spend time with me and I want to enjoy every second of it while it lasts.

A couple guys on this board have met Daniel and me either at LRO or on the trail up to Lynn Camp.

He's really a good kid. We hear so much about the bad ones that it's far too easy to forget that there are a lot of kids like him out there too.

Anyway, looking forward to Lynn Camp Brookies in a few years and a date with my son.

Jeff

Rog 1
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Jeff...You have the right idea...my son, Porter, is about to turn 16 later this month and I have been taking him trout fishing in the Park since he was five and not big enough to wade across Jake's Creek...he will now outfish me about half the time and has become a natural....he is already talking about wanting to take a friend up there by himself but still promises that he will save time for me....Porter is now the 4th generation of family that has fished Lynn Camp and the other Tn. streams in the Park.....hope someday I can see a 5th generation venture forth and discover the thrill of casting to those jewells