PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the end of the Road to Nowhere?

mtnman2888
09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm sure most of you have heard stories of the debauchery that goes on there, but has anyone had any personal experience leaving there vehicle there?

I'm sure it would be fine for a day trip, but i'm kind of skeptical about leaving it there overnight. Thanks.

gmreeves
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I left a car there for a couple of days and didn't have a problem. This was probably 8 years ago so I'm not sure what may have happenede to the area since then. I have never heard the stories you have talked about but probably would have changed my mind about leaving my car if I had.

MtnMike
09-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I left my car there last spring while I spent a few days on Forney Creek. I didn't have any problems. But, I should probably note that I did take the worst looking car I have just in case. That parking lot does see quiet a bit of traffic and I think that when there is plenty of hiking or horseback riding traffic that it keeps those who would other wise cause problems a little more in line.

Mike

mtnman2888
09-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I have heard that it's the place where local high school kids like to hang out and do illegal substances and the such and also heard of many stories of cars that were broken into.

Now, i've never heard these stories from some one in person so take it for what you will. It may be one of those stories that grew over time.

Speckleman5
09-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Craig,
I have left my vehicle there overnight several times and haven't had any problems. However, there is a LOT of traffic, especially after dark with joyriders and such. I don't think you'll have a problem.

mtnman2888
09-11-2008, 09:42 PM
I would hope for no problems as i really want to get back in there to fish and parking there is the only practical access point. Thanks for all the help guys and trust me, you'll know if i do have problems parking there!