PDA

View Full Version : Rage

lauxier
09-16-2008, 11:26 AM
could not sleep last night--the more I thought about it the madder I became--Sunday I headed out for the Cumberland River-=-when I got there I reached behind the seat in my pickup for my rods--they were gone--stolen--along with my Dad's maple fly box(vintage 40's)--I purchased both rods from Little River Outfitters several years ago--one was a Winston LT-5 5wt 8'9" and the other was a Winston LT-5 4wt 7'6"--the 5 wt went with me to Montana,Yellowstone,the San Juan River(I almost lost it in the current,when I dropped it while changing a fly--- followed it downstream a ways and got it back),the Battenkill River in New York,and the Cumberland,close to home---the 4wt was a babe--I used it fishing streams--it was my Smokies rod--the one I took with me the 4-6 times a year when I grab the wife and jump in the truck--cruise down I-75--destination is one of my favorite places in the world--the GSMNP--what can I say--somehow I got "attached" to these non animate graphite sticks,they became something special,more than a mere possession--my grandson loved the 4wt---he told me he wanted it for his own if I ever died---this kid's compassion is enough to warm any gizzard--when someone steals from you--that timid victim feeling is just not there--- it is replaced by rage,you can't sleep because you don't just want your stuff back---you want to hurt the idiots who took it--and if thats not enough--I know to myself my rods were probably sold for nothing or traded for pills--and that makes me feel violated---well that's about it except I will say that if I catch the theif(s)" I WILL teach them a lesson they won't live long enough to never forget"(Mark Twain--Huck Finn)--Called Daniel at LRO about a new rod--a rageful inquiry---said he's got the rods just make up my mind on which rod I want---talked a minute or two---will get back with him--said bye--hung up

mtnman2888
09-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow that is definitely something worth getting riled up over, sorry about that. Just take peace of mind that someday, somewhere down the line the person will pay.

pmike
09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
...when or where they were stolen? Just curious as to whether or where we may need to be more cautious?

Mike

PS: Sorry to hear of your loss! I've been held up at gun point as well as having had both our home and the Church I pastor broken into, nothing fun about it...

Jswitow
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
That stinks. I to this day have been lucky with the tackle, though I have had stereos, radar detectors (when I used to use them), cell phones, daytimers, check books and last but not least a favorite pair of Action Optics
photochromic sunglasses, still miss them. Sorry for your loss, I too am pretty attached to my rods.
So where were you?
Best,
John