PDA

View Full Version : How is fishing in the NC side of park

TomW
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I am headed to Townsand this thuraday and I am also considering fishing the NC side of the park. How is the water? levels, and flows

Any info is helpful
Thanks
Tom

Speckleman5
09-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I wasn't in the park this past weekend, but I was close. The water was low, and unless you love catching 4 inch rainbows, I would find somewhere with some water.

WNCFLY
09-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Water levels are good. I fished this past weekend and the fishing was very good. I probably caught over 40 fish Sat. You should be in for a good day when you get there.

scflyfisher
09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I fished a couple weeks ago and the water was low like now, but the fishing was still decent. The cooler nights seem to be helping and if we get any rain at all between now and the weekend I think the fishing should be decent at worst, and potentially could be very good. I had no trouble catching fish with a stimulator and green weenie. I didn't catch 40, but then again I'm not a very good fisherman.

Copperhead
09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Fished NC side this past Sat and Sunday. Oconoluftee and Straight Fork were very, very low, clear and cool at 56 degrees. The fishing was terrible. A few 4-5 inch Rainbows. Would not recommend!

WNCFLY
09-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Well we will have to agree to disagree. I fished Deep Creek Sat and did very well. The water level looked fine and the fish were taking dries with gusto. In my personal opinion the oconaluftee never seems to fish that well. It simply is too easy to get to. I also fished in the Pisgah National Forest Sunday with similar results. Like I said we will have to agree to disagree because in my opinion the fishing is doing good in NC..