PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish around Smokemont??

todd_grainger
10-08-2008, 10:17 PM
So I finally decided to camp at Smokemont next week for my 3 days of Smokies Fishing Fun. My question is what creeks are good on that side of the park? I usually fish the Little and WPLP. Any ideas? I don't mind a bit of a hike to get there, but do want something that can be done in a day.

mtnman2888
10-09-2008, 05:50 AM
You could always hike up bradleys fork which is right there at the campground. Anothe option is to drive over towards bryson city and fish either deep creek, forney, or noland. There are tons of streams on that side of the park you should have plenty of quality water to explore.

Art Vandalay
10-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Maybe hit up Straight Fork as well.

Mr. Vandalay

Speckleman5
10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
I am not sure when you are arriving, but I will be there this weekend. I am sure we are gonig to ghit up Bradley Fork hard from Chasteen to the Cabin Flats trail. I went to Forney the other day and it was lllllllloooooowwww. I am usre this rain has helped but I just wouldnt do Forney in one day. Noland never gets any pressure and I know of a 16 inch rainbow being caught directly under the road to nowhere bridge. I would go with Noland, Deep Creek, or somewhere on the Oconaluftee.

David Knapp
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Todd, I'll be there next week as well. Should be a good time if the weather holds up... Its really not that far of a drive over the ridge to fish the creeks on the TN side but the NC streams can be excellent... Stop by and chat some evening, I'll be the guy tying flies on the picnic table...