PDA

View Full Version : Will be in the Smokies next week Monday - Friday

Steve
10-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Will en in the mountains next week. Am trying to target a brown. It is the last Salmonoid I have not caught on the East coast. I just read the posts for the best flies. Any ideas on the best waters?? I will be wading. Also in the case of the low clear water, is the best time for A brown early morning and late evening?? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day, teach a man to fish and you sell him accessories the rest of his life!!

flyguys
10-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Steve, If it will help any, go to any of the post put up by flyguys and read some of the info the others have sent me and my son. Great stuff!! I'm sure the info we have recieved will help us out a lot. We will be in the Park next week also, maybe we will run into each other! Good luck, and leave some fish for us!

Steve
10-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Flyguy, I will be staying at Elkmont. check in on Monday. Plan to hit Little River Outfitters somewhere around 3 - 4 on Monday. I am driving up from Florida. Would love to maybe meet up. This will be my third time in the Smokies over the past year and a half. Learning more each trip. Just got back from Maine the end of September. Go up every year for the landlocked Atlantic salmon run. Totally different fishing, water runs ar 3350 cfs and the minimum size on Brook trout is 14". Had a good year this time.