PDA

View Full Version : 10/11/08 Soho weirs

wynnsman
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey all, got to get in a couple hours in the river near the weirs today. The wife and kiddies walked and I stood in the river. Ended up with 4 total. 3 came on red zebra's sz 22, one on green zebra sz 22. Tied on a gray comparadun right when they started running water at 5:30 and missed a very good size one.

ChemEAngler
10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Wynnsman,
I was up that way today too, actually I have fished up there since Thursday. Today was a little slower, only landed 5, but I like to credit that to the large number of fisherman on the water today.:biggrin: Being there on Thurs and Fri spoiled me with the lack of pressure. I too had my best luck with midge nymphs, but my most productive fly by far was a #22 stripper midge. Yesterday from 8:00 till 11:00, the fish were hitting it on nearly every cast. Caught more fish than I recall, but none with any size to them (11 - 13"). I talked to lots of people over the course of 3 days and most everybody was getting skunked throwing sulfur patterns. If you want to try one of these midges, I plan to post the fly recipe on my blog by tomorrow evening.

Travis

wynnsman
10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Thats funny you said that about the strippers. I had a few of them still in my box from last year but I was catching so many on the red Friday I didnt even tie one on. But will tommarrow for sure thanks for the tip. Yeah it was nice havin the river all by my self to yesterday. Thanks again.