PDA

View Full Version : In Search of Waders...

Green Weenie
10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey all!

I've got some friends coming in from NC to do some fly-fishing with me this weekend. These guys have never been before and I'm planning on taking them up to the SoHo.

I had one pair of neoprene waders that I was able to patch up, but I'm still one pair short. I either need one for a guy who wears a sz. 9 shoe or one for a guy who wears a sz. 11 shoe.

Anyone know where I can rent a pair of waders for the weekend?

Thanks,
Chad

BTW
I know UT rents them, but I'm not a student.

ChemEAngler
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Chad,
How tall is the guy who needs has the Sz 9 shoe? I have a pair of neoprene waders only worn a handful of times I could "rent" to you for the weekend. However, they are stockingfoot waders, so boots would be required.

Travis

Green Weenie
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
He's a little bigger than a leprechaun.

About 5'-4" (?)

Gerry Romer
10-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Are you really looking for neoprene or would a pair of Simms do? I've got two pair of neoprene waders (both approx. size large) and one extra pair of Simms for a size 10 - 11 boot...

Green Weenie
10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Gerry,

I'm looking for whatever I can find. Material is not an issue. Beggars can't be choosers, I say.

Didn't know you were in the wader rental business.:biggrin:

Anyone with any suggestions can also email me at cdustinc@comcast.net ;)

Thanks!

Gerry Romer
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
So I take it you want to borrow the Simms?

Gerry Romer
10-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I just remembered I've also got a pair of Guide Series waders that I used for about half a season. I picked 'em up at Gander Mountain when they opened at Turkey Creek a couple years ago. They're pretty basic, but still in good shape and no leaks!

Green Weenie
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks again, Gerry.

Is there anything this message board can't do? :smile: