PDA

View Full Version : tremont--question

lauxier
10-15-2008, 11:43 AM
fished tremont monday --was on the gravel part of the road to campground-had a s.m. blackbird tied as a dropper on a small black w. bugger(weighted)--caught 5 rainbows out of pools --all were at least 12 inches long--the largest 14 inches--are late season fish larger?are the S.M. fisheries growing fish a bit larger because of mild winters?these fish were in good shapeand fought very gamely.

mtnman2888
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
There are many points that could be argued but it does seem to me that the fish are a bit larger than normal. I think the most common answer you will get is that it is due to the drought. Many fish were killed, including the majority of adult rainbows, so the fish population dropped dramatically in the streams. Now you have the situation where there are less fish to compete for food, so theoretically each fish is eating more food and therefore growing larger.

BlueRaiderFan
10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
fished tremont monday --was on the gravel part of the road to campground-had a s.m. blackbird tied as a dropper on a small black w. bugger(weighted)--caught 5 rainbows out of pools --all were at least 12 inches long--the largest 14 inches--are late season fish larger?are the S.M. fisheries growing fish a bit larger because of mild winters?these fish were in good shapeand fought very gamely.

Were you at the end of the road, or just along the road somewhere?

jross
10-16-2008, 08:08 AM
I'd like to hear more about your experience.
That sounds like an amazing day, to catch fish like that.
The black wooly buggers do the trick!