PDA

View Full Version : Abrams Creek Skunking

troutdawg
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Has anyone had any success on Abrams Creek along the little bottoms trail? I fished last Tuesday and didn't even see a trout. Shiners were all over my caddis and pheasant tail.

Kytroutbum
10-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Did you check the water temperature there? I've caught some nice fish in early spring, but have heard it warms up in the summer.

troutdawg
10-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I did not formally check the temperature; however, I did note that the water was warmer to the touch than middle prong.

knucklehead
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Mom, dad and I went up abrams a week ago. they'd never seen the falls so we went. fished along the way. 2 barely legal keepers, skinny. dad caught 1 on a wooly bugger and I caught 1 on a large orange stimulator. mom missed a couple but caught a dozen or so bright minnows. on our way back we found this munchin' on a 'mander......http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/knucklehead1979/abramsringneckrankinwidowcatsanddou.jpga very energetic northern ring neck. dad splashed a little water on the salamander to clean it off and the snake did not like that idea. It struck at me! it's little teeth wouldn't have even left a mark but made for a great scene. few fish but a great trip.