PDA

View Full Version : help with lost pack

buckeyetrouter
10-19-2008, 08:25 AM
:frown: some big dummy (me) took his chest pack off at Tremont second bridge and forgot it when he left.......even worse, I got skunked that day:mad:

if you happen to find a fishpond windwalker chest pack in the tremont area could you please leave it at LRO.....

Orvis....it was nice meeting you and I appreciate you help looking for the pack and your concern over the lost item....there are some incredible folks on this board....

thanks in advance......

Bob

nvr2L8
10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Buckeye,

Other than losing your chest pack and getting skunked, how's your trip been. You surely couldn't have picked better weather.

Gypsy
10-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Just a side note and maybe some encourgment I just read a women's wallet was found after many decades (she was already dead though!) But maybe you could find your pack sonner then her!!:biggrin: I do hope you find it!

buckeyetrouter
10-19-2008, 09:25 PM
thanks guys.....God blessed us with great weather and a wonderful time to relax and refresh ourselves. I took 660 pics and Abby burned up 2 1/2 of her 2gig cards so I suspect that she has over 1500 pics to sort thru and keep/discard.....The fishing was relaxing but the bear scat kinda had Abby uncomfortable so we didn't fish as much as we typically do....We were walking the bike path in Townsend just past the EconoLodge and even found bear scat on the edge of that pathway.....

We are always amazed at God's wonderful creations and I really believe that the Smokies are one of his best....

guess this gives me a good excuse to start over.......better start tying tonight......

God Bless & Good Fishing

orvis
10-21-2008, 02:05 AM
Buckeye.

Iam trying to plan another trip to fish this week if I can get a day off. It may be Friday before I can get that worked out but I know where you were when you took off your pack. I will stop and look for it again. Could you have maybe taken it off a little further down stream from where you thought you did? If I get to go fishing this week I will look a little further down stream as well as the area that you showed me where you thought you had taken it off. Iam glad you still had fun and didnt let the loss of your stuff spoil the trip. Iam not sure I would have handled that as well as you did. I will post if I get to go this week and let you know if I find anything. Lets keep some hope!

Orvis.

buckeyetrouter
10-21-2008, 06:16 AM
thanks Orvis......I only fished two spots there, one was the pool under the bridge and the second was the small pool just down stream from that pool. I've started tying up some flies to put in the new set up incase the old pack is not recovered.....

I appreciate your help

God Bless & Good Fishing
Bob

buckeyetrouter
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
just got a call from LRO (really a few hours back) and someone found my chest pack and turn it into the Center who in turn inquired at LRO if anyone reported a missing pak.....said they would turn it in to LRO and LRO is gonna send it out to me.....

hey Orvis, sounds like they found it right where we were looking......

what a great bunch of folks........

if you are the one who found the pak and read this site, thank you , thank you , thank you.....I will say an extra prayer for you tonight...

God Bless & Good Fishing
Bob

donwinn
10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought Buckeyes were suppose to bring bad luck. Glad you got your pack back. I always have a fear of loosing a fly box with $100 worth of flies. I can't even think about loosing a whole pack. Stay warm up there this winter!

onthefly
10-23-2008, 09:04 PM
your pack was recovered. That's great news!:redface:

Gypsy
10-23-2008, 09:23 PM
WOW I am glad you didn't have to wait a few decades to get, The lord was looking out for you on that one!

bigpopper
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
That's awsome that someone found your pack Buckeyetrouter and LRO is sending it back!What a great bunch of people in those Smokey Mts! :biggrin:

orvis
10-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Iam sure glad to hear someone found your pack and you are going to get it back Buckeye. That is great news. It is nice to know that there are still good people out there in the world today. I also say thank you to whoever found it and turned it in.

jeffnles1
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Like others, this is great news.

I would like to encourage folks to always write your name and phone number on your fly boxes, rod tubes, gear packs, etc. Even if you don't have your name on your vest, if it 's on a box inside the vest, you can be contacted.

I think most fishermen would make the call if they found something like this.

Just last week, I found a fly box filled with some very wet, very dirty, very lost looking flies. It was on the bottom of the stream and had obviously been there for several days maybe longer. No name, no identifying marks other than written on the lid of the box "Bluegill Flies". Now, if it had Joe Smith 555-555-5555 I could have called Joe and let him know I had his box.

All I could do was drain the water, swish it around to get the mud out of the box and lay it open on a rock in the sun to dry and hope he would come along and find it.

Jeff