PDA

View Full Version : Cool Flats Boat

Byron Begley
10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Flatstalker (http://www.flatstalker.com/)

Byron

TroutAssassin
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Yep, I believe one of my Shallow Water Angler mags has a short article on those or ones just like it. Pretty Neat!

bigpopper
11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey Byron, do think somebody could fly fish with one of those flat stalker boats on the Caney Fork where I live? Thanks.

Byron Begley
11-08-2008, 05:43 PM
bigpopper,

I think you could if there was no generation and it was a warm day. I have floated the Caney many times in a canoe during the summer. I never turned over. Back then the generation schedules were not accurate. You never knew when they were going to turn on the water. I wouldn't float any of the tailwaters in something that could easily tip over during the winter because of hypothermia. I had a friend become hypothermic on the Caney one day. We got him to the truck and warmed him up. He was OK. I knew a couple of other men who were swept down the Elk River by an unexpected generation event. They almost didn't make it. Someone got a boat and rescued them while they hung on to logs. It was a close call. I would hate to float the Caney in one of these boats during generation. Too many things can happen.

Byron

James Buice
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
I could see myself fallilng out of one of those ;-) Pretty cool looking. Byron, have you checked out the Gladesman? Pretty neat microskiff. We fished in one down in Titusville a few weeks back.