PDA

View Full Version : Fly Swap Info

Kytroutbum
10-29-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm going to close the swap as nobody else seems interested. My thermometer will read in the 20's tonight and I saw some spits of snow yesterday so its time to start filling fly boxes. If the tiers will shoot me an email at: randallsale@att.net, I'll reply with the specifics.

Randall Sale
Kytroutbum

Kytroutbum
11-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Apparently some of my reply emails on specifics of our swap have disappeared into cyberspace. Shoot me an email if you haven't recieved a reply.

flyred06
12-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Kytroutbum,

I dropped my flies off in the mail for the fly swap. 7 wet and 7 dries. Is that correct? I did not put any letter with them sharing the recipes for they are so easy to follow. The clousers that are in there work every where I have ever used them.

Thanks for putting this together. I know this is going to take sometime out of your day to finish up seperating and mailing.

Kytroutbum
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Got them- Thanks. I'm a Clouser Fan also. Fly swaps are a lot of fun and really no problem, I'm in a different sort of one with a group from Maine and the N.England. Where you add two flies for every one you want to take. It is passed around and returns to the start, where the flies are given to Casting for Recovery, some other charity or sold to raise funds for projects.
I had a great time catching Landlocks and up to 10-14 inch Brookies (Yes they can grow that big!) on the West Branch of the Penobscot and Baxter Park in Oct. I'm in the process of tying a couple dozen streamers as my way of paying back for the info and tips they gave.

Randall Sale
the ORIGINAL Kytroutbum

flyred06
12-03-2008, 02:35 PM
kytroutbum,

could you give me the information on that other fly swap. I am interested on helping the casting for a cure. I just lost a friend to breast cancer and know several other people effected by it. If possible I might get in on that and help some way. If you do not want to post it here I believe you have my personal email.

thanks

Kytroutbum
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I not afraid to post here, the vast majority members are super people, I just wish I could spend more time in the Smokies. I've made a number of good friends through this board. As for the "Chatter" on the other thread, It brings back memories of 33 years of Middle School Teaching. I've posted on Flyfishinginmaine.com 's forum- "the pay it forward box". I'm not sure, neither are they I think, sure exactly where the proceeds are going to. The set up is some individuals volunteer some flies to start, the box is then rotated through the group once if enough, or several times if a smaller number. You can take any flies you want, but must replace 2 flies for every 1 you take. After completing the circuit, the flies are raffled, give to charity (CFR, possibly), or used for a club project.

If I were not heading to Fla in a few weeks, I would try to initiate one, but I won't have my tying stuff with me. If YOU would be interested in starting a "pay it forward box" specifically for Casting for Recovery, I'd be willing to donate some starter flies, but probably can't participate. Just let me know ASAP. The thread in Flyfishinginmaine.com has a fairly good description of how it is set up. I've found these New England folks to be super people very helpful, both on the board and on the stream!!

Randall Sale
the "Original"(Ky/Kentucky)troutbum

flyred06
12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks randall. I to like you am tied up right now. How ever I might get with you after the first of the year and try to set something like this up. Or if you do before I then drop me a line or post here and I will assist you if I can. Maybe like you make some donor flies.

Thanks