PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Maintenance

Paula Begley
10-29-2008, 04:59 PM
I will be moving the forum into maintenance mode sometime tonight to install an update to vBulletin. Hopefully, I won't kill the whole board. :biggrin:

Paula

Paula Begley
10-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Here's a way this upgrade could affect you.

In this release, users will no longer be allowed to set their username and passwords to the same value. Users who already have a password that is the same as their username will be forced to change their password on their next login. Additionally, a tool has be added to the Admin Control Panel to email affected users with a new password.

If your user name and your password is the same, once you get your new password, via email, you will be able to change your password in your user CP. It can no longer be the same as your user name.

Paula

Paula Begley
10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
So, anyway...I ran into some obstacles. I'll be doing this tomorrow. I'm on vacation, after all. ;)

Paula

Fishermansfly
10-30-2008, 12:33 AM
I giggle! It appears as if your home on vacation and that your conversing with yourself! LMAO! Where did the quote come from? I had to scroll back up to see if I missed something! Don't answer the quote question on second thought! I'll just keep laughing! Enjoy your time off and go, well, a few miles from your house and wet a line!

See you soon,
~Brett

Paula Begley
10-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Well, I'm happy you are amused. The quote is from the upgrade department of vBulletin.

I should be able to do the maintenance tonight. We're going fishing today. :biggrin:

Paula

nvr2L8
10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Paula,

Seems to me that there's a rule about making consecutive posts on the same thread. Watch out or the Drakemeister/Substitute BanHammer!:biggrin:

Paula Begley
10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
:P

To my knowledge, there has been nobody banned for not editing a post. I guess that is more a guideline than a hard and fast rule.

I thought about editing my post, but I really needed to bump it to make sure updates were read.

I didn't get the change done last night, sorry. It'll be tomorrow before I get to it. Just don't freak out if you come to the board and find an "In Maintenance" message. :smile:

Paula

Gerry Romer
10-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Paula!

Have you no shame??

What a cheap way to buy readership... just keep telling us you're gonna shut it down so we keep checking back. tch, tch, tch... (wink, wink)

Gerry

Paula Begley
11-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I took the forum offline yesterday evening, but wasn't able to complete the conversion to updated software.

Today, around 4:00 pm, I will take the forum offline again to finish this update. If you visit the site, there will be a notice telling you what we are doing, but I thought I'd give you a head's up anyway.

Thanks,

Paula

Paula Begley
11-07-2008, 06:03 PM
All finished. Thank you for your patience.

And thanks to Sarah from Seattle for her help!

Remember, if your user name and your password were the same, you will be required to make a change. Call me at the shop 877/448-3474 if you need my help.

Paula

ChemEAngler
11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Paula,
I just noticed that we now have an option to leave a visitor message. What is this function, and how does it work? Is it similar to PM?

Travis

Paula Begley
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
It allows messages to pass from visitors to the site to members who allow it in their user cp. It is new and it is a disabled function, sorry. It just opens a whole sticky problem.

Paula

PeteCz
12-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I have been away from the Forum for a number of weeks and I noticed that the tone of everything seems to have changed quite a bit while I was gone. People are changing their user names and avatars. Even more alarming is the way the new forum judges people and their relationships.

I had been unable to go fishing with Charlie this week and I was wondering how he did (he's trying awfully hard to catch a fish in the park in December and keep his monthly streak going...). It looks like the LR had a few 5' waves roll through Townsend on Thursday/Friday, so I thought I would check the board to see if he posted about his adventure in the Park.

I didn't see any posts in the usual places, so I went to the members link to see if I could find his most recent posts. When I got there, I was very saddened to learn the following:
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/PeteCz21/friends.jpg
Now for those of you that don't know him, Charlie is a really nice guy and has turned into a very good flyfisherman (and fishaholic), as well. I see no reason why he hasn't made any friends - is it really true? I could believe it about RiverCanine (or whatever his name is this week...), but not Charlie. Has he not made any friends yet?? How does the forum know he doesn't have any friends? I think its overstepping its bounds.

I believe there is some form of an error with the forum, I would consider him my friend (of course there was that time he made me fish in the thickets in Jakes Creek, but......I won't keep holding that against him...)

;)

Paula Begley
12-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Pete,

I've taken care of that. I friended nvr2L8. Anyone who will share a family recipe with me is a bff*. ;)

Paula

*Best Friend Forever

nvr2L8
12-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Paula,
(SNIFF, SNIFF) I am touched beyond belief. Actually, there are many who would agree with that.

Without having seen this post (my champion, Pete, sent me the link), I responded with "BFF" to your invitation. Anything else I would say at this point would just sound gushy and I'd only embarrass myself. :redface:

Pete,
As much as I wanted to get out, the size of the water scared me off. If you've once had your feet taken out from under you by a swift Little River, it's not an experience you want to repeat. However, there's an excellent chance for Tuesday if the water temp recovers and the level receeds a bit.

Many thanks to both of you - my heart is warmed more than I can say.

BTW, much to my dismay, I saw a silver Jeep Cherokee today with the license plate NVR2L8. I was considering getting my TU brookie plate printed with that moniker. Who knew? If the owner of said Jeep is out there, I'm willing to negotiate.