PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Little River in Townsend

bamafisherlady
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi, I am heading up there this weekend with a friend of mine. I HOPE to be able to fish at least a couple of hours on my way out Sunday. I have fished all over, but ONE of my favorite places in on the Little River around the bridge of 321 ( I think)- its' the road that goes to Pigeon Forge. I have some copper johns, tellico nymphs, and prince nymphs. Will those be good enough or do I need to add something else? I plan on fishing when it is warmer, during the afternoon.
Thanks. Lynn

Gerry Romer
10-31-2008, 05:29 PM
You might want to add an Orange Palmer or an Orange Stimulator to drop those nymphs off of. Also, you might be better off parking near the Catholic Church and fishing around the swinging bridge. The water near the 321 bridge is still a bit thin and there are some deeper runs down near the church. It's about time for those big ole stockers to start showing up!

Good luck and let us know how you do!

bamafisherlady
11-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I didn't get to see your post until I got home last night. I did use some copper johns, and a beadhead prince but got a couple of lookers, a couple of bumps, but no hookups. I only had about an hour but it was nice. I tried my usual run but it was too low or something. Amazingly, I then went on down to the Catholic Church and the bridge you mentioned. There were some NICE browns in there. Not enough time, but it was nice nonetheless. Thanks for the advice which I unknowingly took.