PDA

View Full Version : Finding a New Spot

Milligan Trout Phenom
11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I went to the Soho and fished the weirs and caught one about 6 inches and there was people all over and it dint look like many were doing any good. So i packed up and went way down stream and i found a run and it was a great run. I only through to flys the whole time i was there n this hole; the egg pattern and san juan worm.I caught alot of rainbows atleast 10 all in the 14-19inch range All put up a fight on 6x.It was awesome, and i caught 5 or 6 browns all in the range of 17 to 26 inches;which was a new personal best. I fished for a rainbow that was 25plus the rest of the day and he took the egg and thats all she wrote. That 6x was nothing for this beast. Took off on a run and she never stopped.Owell great day on my 21st birthday weekend. (No pics sry my camera was dead.)

flynut
11-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a pretty sweet day!

ChemEAngler
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats on a good day....I figured the weirs would be covered up. My regular fishing spot up there is in the spawning waters, so no fishing there for me. I do have another spot that I like to fish, and hope to get up there in the next week or so. Thanks for the report.

Travis