PDA

View Full Version : Clinch river 12/13/08

Carolina Boy
12-13-2008, 07:24 PM
So I hit the for side of Miller's Isle this morning. The report said 1 generator from 7 am till 9 am, so I got out there set up about 10 am. The river was dropping a bit and I caught a few. I fished the small feeder stream on the far side of the far leg where the river splits. As I was waiting for the river to drop a bit more, I decided to walk back to the bank of the island and fish the bigger water. Why is getting to harder to wade? And why are the shoals sinking! It took about a second to realize that "water may rise rapidly without warning"! I sprinted all the way back to landing fearing it would be a 2 generator push, cuz thats what it looked like. Not sure why they decided to run unannounced generators on a otherwise beautifull Sat. morning. I hope everyone got out in time!

Worrgamesguy
12-14-2008, 01:52 AM
I've been meaning to ask, what age defines "boy?" I'm trying to find out if I'm the only youngin on here.

But, good thing you noticed before it was too late!

Flat Fly n
12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
I always plan on 2 hours after they cut off to head to Miller's for safety purposes. That place requires one to carry matches to stay warm for the night if you get caught and don't have anybody to come get you. Be careful.

Carolina Boy
12-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Yea I usually get there as it drops so I can prospect a bit with streamers in the higher water and then i am where i know i wanna be when it drops out so i can get in the slots I know hold fish. I make a point of using visual aids, ie..shoales, stumps or whatever and i will occasionally ckeck to see how the water is in relation. You couldn't miss it Sat. the darn shoales went from two feet exposed to underwater in no time at all. To answer your ?'s I am 33 but i will always be a kid!

Worrgamesguy
12-15-2008, 01:06 PM
18 :frown:

Guess I am the youngest.

ChemEAngler
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
18 :frown:

Guess I am the youngest.

Trey,
I think Giantfish is 14 or 15, but I haven't seen him around for sometime. Also there is a new guy, tarheelflyfishing, and I think he is 16.

Travis

ChemEAngler
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Yea I usually get there as it drops so I can prospect a bit with streamers in the higher water and then i am where i know i wanna be when it drops out so i can get in the slots I know hold fish. I make a point of using visual aids, ie..shoales, stumps or whatever and i will occasionally ckeck to see how the water is in relation. You couldn't miss it Sat. the darn shoales went from two feet exposed to underwater in no time at all. To answer your ?'s I am 33 but i will always be a kid!

CarolinaBoy,
I checked the actual generation numbers from Saturday and you are correct. They show that they went to 0 generators for 1 hour and then turned 1 on for one hour. That is a very unusual schedule for the Clinch.

Travis

Rog 1
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
There is another young'un...g8rb8phiser92....he just turned 16 but he is already talking fish trash around me like he was 26.....

Worrgamesguy
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Trey,
I think Giantfish is 14 or 15, but I haven't seen him around for sometime. Also there is a new guy, tarheelflyfishing, and I think he is 16.

Travis

Really now... That makes me feel better :cool:

There is another young'un...g8rb8phiser92....he just turned 16 but he is already talking fish trash around me like he was 26.....

Fish trash? Their ages make me wonder what kind of setup they have and how often they can make it to the river. I'm hoping they stop generating as much on the Caney so I can go on Saturday, it's been a solid month since I've been fishing.

3wt
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I just turned 16 on the 9th. There are quite a few young people on this board.

Flat Fly n
12-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Youngsters talking trash huh?

Do they wear headbands like TN basketball players when they fish, or have their bodies covered in tatoos, only you can't see them for their waders, and vest?...

Us old guys ought to take them whipper snappers out and teach a few lessons on the river, and really hook 'em to keep them away from that sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

Boys, remember nothing good happens after midnight unless you younguns are tying flies for the next morning!

How's that for fishing trash talk?

Worrgamesguy
12-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm an adult, so :p

Gerry and David took me under their wing and really got me hooked (pun intended), so I owe them big time. I try to look decent because I usually grab some food after I'm finished fishing, and it's always awkward being around people in nasty fishing clothes.