PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Advise

feather&fly
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I have to pick up a Christmas present in Pigeon Forge Thursday evening, so was thinking I would go up early that morning to do some fishing. I have never done any fishing in that area and was hoping someone could give me some advise. I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole, just a general area, or a certain section of a river to try. As far as that goes, I don't even know what river or creek would be best to try. I was going to stop in at LRO and get some leaders and ask them also. So any info on would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

kytroutman
12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Check the water levels first but above the Smoky Mountain Institute could be a start.

cardfly
12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
If you go to LRO first anyone there can tell you where to go. The only one that holds back info is Walter Babb:smile: He tries to keep the good spots to himself.

Just kidding about Walter but the last time I was there I asked him were to go and he said something like any of the 700 miles in the park are good. Now, he can go anywhere in that 700 miles and catch fish but I still need a little, OK alot of, guidance.

Good Luck Thursday.

WRN
12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
If your going to P. Forge you can drive into G. Burg and go East on 321 in the middle of town to the Greenbriar and fish in the lower elevations and or go into the park on 441 towards NC and stop at the Chimneys and fish in that area. Both are close and fairly easy to fish.

Kytroutbum
12-18-2008, 10:15 AM
The problem is not where are the fish, they are there!! It's where is it warm enough that they will be feeding. 1)There is planted water- Delayed Harvest or Trophy water around Gatlinburg- Pigeon Forge that should be warmer. If you are interested in that check out with the folks in G'burg. It might be your best bet to CATCH fish. I only fish wild fish so am not sure other than they plant. 2) I will be down about News Years for several HIKES with my fly rod. Contact LRO for suggestions, Check water temp.s the warmer the better. I'd stay low around Metcalf's Bottom or lower. Look for sun lit areas, a warm rain would help. Fish nymphs slow and deep and don't plan on CATCHING a lot, if any fish, just enjoy the day.

A WARNING ABOUT ABRAMS, Don't fish alone. You WILL PROBABLY GET WET, it is extremely slippery. Getting wet and any the cold can cause hypothermia.

Randall Sale
the Original Kytroutbum