View Full Version : Little River Now

David Knapp
12-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Yesterday I took a trip up to the Smokies to enjoy the scenery and do just a little fishing. I ended up only fishing for maybe 20 minutes ripping a big streamer through a couple of holes but the scenery was excellent. Seeing Little River back to normal was a great way to begin the holidays. I hope you will all enjoy these pictures of one of my favorite places in the world!

Near Elkmont

Old Bridge near Elkmont

Cold day on Little River

Remains of April Pool beaver dam

Fresh beaver cuttings on the April Pool

Water over rocks...

Pocket of sheet ice after the puddle drained...

David Knapp
12-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Just above Metcalf...

Bottom of the same run...

Plenty of water...finally!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

12-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Awesome pics you've taken there PA. Last time I was up on the Little River it was this past August. Looks good from what I can tell, lots of rain equals nice flows. I bet the trout are more than willing to attack any fly you throw at 'em. For me Elkmont was and is the place to fish. A lot of fish are concentrated in that area....smart ones too!!

Tyler, http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

12-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Did you catch any trout?? I tried for a little while yesterday with nothing..

David Knapp
12-25-2008, 12:04 PM
No fish yesterday although I didn't put much effort into it. I didn't even put on the waders and was just fishing from the bank... It wasn't a great day for fishing because the water temp had been dropping steadily for around 24 hours and the fish don't seem to like changes like that... Still, it was a GREAT day fishing...:cool:

12-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the pictures and Merry Christmas.

I started fly fishing about a year and a half back and have never seen the LR like this.

12-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Nice pics Plateau Angler

That is some nice scenery :redface: Happy Holidays.

12-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Pics. Wish I could take photos like that!

12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Those of us stranded in the troutless foothills appreciate the opportunity to live vicariously:biggrin:

Hope you had a great holiday.

12-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Always great pictures. Are you going to work in the shop this summer or are you out of school and starting the next phase of your life?:rolleyes:

12-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm with Plunker. Kills me to see pics like that. I live in between everything I love. Deer hunting, Duck hunting, saltwater fishing, and trout fishing. It gets expensive having to travel to chase your dreams.

12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Nice PA,
Glad you got to get out for awhile. I was at the in-laws yestreday morning & got home at lunch time. Had really wanted to go out toward the mts. and hit a stream or two but time wa short. I went Turkey hunting all afternoon instead, flushed 2 gangs and really enjoyed myself. Kind of like you I didn't bring anything back to the house but had a great time just being out with my bird dog half the day. I got a new HD camcorder for Christmas and I took some video of the Turkeys, my dog, the creek down on the farm, just enjoyed the things the good Lord has given us.--Bran

12-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Nice photos, the only way they could have been any better is if I were in some of them fishing:biggrin: