PDA

View Full Version : Hello

troutslayer3393
01-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi, I'm 15 and have been fly fishing often for a year now. I will be tying at Troutfest in May. I'm looking forward to asking questions and posting answers on the message board. Lee

nvr2L8
01-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Lee,

Welcome to the board - glad to have you with us. Where do you do your fly fishing?

Look forward to hearing from you; this is a great place to learn and share.

troutslayer3393
01-04-2009, 01:48 PM
I mostly fish the Clinch and sometimes the Townsend-to-Gatlinburg part of the Smokies. I don't know the Smokies as well as the Clinch and am looking forward to learning more. I also have fished the western NC part of the Smokies and am fairly familiar with that area. The fish in my picture was caught at Ravenfork "trophy section" but I have caught a 25 incher in the public part of the Davidson river. Thanks for replying. Can I add you as a friend? Lee

Carolina Boy
01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey glad to have you on the board, I live in Western NC Are you from my side of the mtns? That trophy section in Cherokee doesn't have any bruisers does it? haha

troutslayer3393
01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I live in Knoxville but have several friends in Western NC who invite me over a lot. The one I caught in the Davidson was the real bruiser. I was surprised he took a dry fly. You can see him in my photo album. Thanks, Lee

nvr2L8
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Lee,

I would be honored to have you add me as a friend. See you on the streams.

buckeyetrouter
01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
welcome to the board Lee.....so many good folks and information here I'm sure you will love it......

your post says you will be tying at Troutfest.....is that as in doing a tying demostation? That would be awsome to have someone with that level of interest and talent at such a young age.....congrats....

God Bless & Good Fishing
Bob

Byron Begley
01-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Lee,

Welcome to the board. It was good talking to you today at the shop. I'm looking forward to seeing you tie at Troutfest. Thank you for volunteering to do that. It is a great event with a wonderful mission. You will add a lot of expertise and insight to the fly tying demonstrations.

Thanks again,

Byron

troutslayer3393
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks Byron

Right before dark beside the wedding chapel something started hatching, so i put on a cdc blue winged olive. A nice rainbow missed my fly,but that was all the action. Thanks for the info on where to fish.

Lee

troutslayer3393
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank You Bob

Yes, I will be doing tying demonstrations

God Bless You Too, Lee