PDA

View Full Version : Take that... Philip Morris!!!

Plunker
01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Smoke Free Day 5...and feeling fine:redface::redface::redface:.

$30.00 closer to a R L Winston Shopping Spree for me.

Didn't want to start another off topic thread, but needed to give myself a little positive reinforcement today. I think I'm out in front of this smoking cessation thing, and hope that everyone from the "Praying type" thread are still doing well...you got some new smoke free company!

WoooooHooooo:biggrin:

PeteCz
01-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Awesome! Congrats!!

My Dad, Mom and sister all smoked for a long time and quit at different times in their lives (my brother is still at it). I know its tough, but keep it up, you are doing the best thing possible for yourself!

Are you looking at a "Winston" for other reasons than fishing...so you can say you are heading to the mountains with a Winston...? Rather than a pack of Winstons....:biggrin:

Treecatcher2
01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
good job and its cool that you are on your way to the shopping spree

Plunker
01-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Awesome! Congrats!!

My Dad, Mom and sister all smoked for a long time and quit at different times in their lives (my brother is still at it). I know its tough, but keep it up, you are doing the best thing possible for yourself!

Are you looking at a "Winston" for other reasons than fishing...so you can say you are heading to the mountains with a Winston...? Rather than a pack of Winstons....:biggrin:

Ha Ha...yep I'm gonna:
"Walk a mile for a camel", that I'm gonna ride like a "cowboy" to find LSMFT (Lucky Strike Means Fine Trout) on the end of my new "Winston" on a "Kool" Mountain Stream. All at the expense of Philip Morris's sales figures:p.

Thanks for the kind words of support!

wynnsman
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Way to go. I quit dipping when I found out we where gonna have a baby. Im over a year quit. Keep it up you wont regret it.

Rob GRiggs
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I quit chewing Levi Garret when my teeth fell out on my left side. Dentist said I was really lucky that their was not any cancer. He fixed me up and I no longer chew. You can do it think about how you are not going to get winded when you are casting.

nvr2L8
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Prayers going out from this end on your behalf. Nothing like smoke-free Smokies!

Plunker
01-07-2009, 12:08 AM
I appreciate all the kind wishes, thoughts and prayers...
This isn't fun (cold Turkey you know)....but it's not quite as bad as I expected. Who was it that said that pain is what makes you know your alive? Seems that the cravings really clear your head...of course it also makes you want to clear the ROOM:eek:

It's going to be a bumpy ride...thanks again you guys!

Carolina Boy
01-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Keep it up man, I quit after smoking over 10 years and working in the nite club industry. It ain't easy but you will be amazed how much easier you can breath not to mention how food will taste and you can smell things you never could before. It's great, my mom used to teach courses to sailors when we were stationed overseas on quitting smoking, if it helps any the actual physical dependency does not last very long at all, it is actually the psychological stuff that takes so long to get over. You Can do it !

flyguys
01-07-2009, 01:36 PM
WAY TO GO!!! I lost my uncle 2 years ago to lung cancer, a life long smoker, non filter. He loved to go to "THE CLUBHOUSE", a cabin on the Meremac river in Missouri. He died at 70 years old. There's hard tellling how much more he would have enjoyed if he hadn't smoked. Keep up the good work, and don't pick 'em back up!! live long and fish lots! :biggrin: flyguys

Rockyraccoon
01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
That's awesome Plunker.

Be strong and know that you and your cravings are in my prayers.

After many years, and many prayers, I laid down my smokes last November and I've had many cravings since......but I've been almost 14 months now since I last smoked.

I still have the occasional craving, then I think of the almost $8.00 a day I now save along with how much better I feel.

It's about to start getting easier for you.

rickytroutbob
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
You are doing the best thing you will ever do for yourself. I am an ex smoker for 8 years now. Take it one day at a time and don't give into those cravings that come out of the blue.

Thank you for not polluting our air any longer.

Worrgamesguy
01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I just turned 18 and smoked a few cigars, they're not expensive but I'd much rather buy an extra fly for $2 than a pack of cigars. It really is a mental game, as soon as you stop thinking "Man I could really go for one now" the easier it will be. I'm not addicted to cigars, but I used to be to dip. I dipped since freshman year and could not stop until 1 year and 9 months ago when my girlfriend made me choose the dip or her, I made the right decision.

Plunker
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM

Me being speechless:redface:, you Folks are the greatest!

ALflygirl
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Way to go Plunker!! Stay strong! Prayers sent your way!!

fly fisherman DK
01-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Wooohoooo is right. Great job and keep it up.

fly fisherman DK