PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Colorado

Rob GRiggs
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
You are probably wondering why I am on a east coast flyfishing site. I love the small streams and the many different bugs there. Plus my uncle lives outside of Asheville and he comes out to Colorado once a year and we fish and I uselly go out to see him in the spring. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Treecatcher2
01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
This is a great board and lots of useful information. Post some pics when you get a chance.

David Knapp
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the board! I love fishing in Colorado both on the larger well-known waters and also the small streams that nobody bothers with...lots of good times and memories from out there! Looking forward to hearing about some of your adventures out there...

Rob GRiggs
01-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Well I might have a few. I am not a big tailwater fisherman. I like to get to where the small streams are. Not any people and its fun sneaking up on the fish. If you have ever fished in Colorado there is good fishing and everyone in the world knows about it. We sometimes call it combat fishing. If you fish small enough and are lucky enough you WILL catch big fish. Thats why I like to get up high into the mountains where no one is at. But they dont know is that their are some big fish in the smaller waters too.

Plunker
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Glad to have you here and look forward to tales (and Pics) from the West...got to live as vicariously as possible when surrounded by a lot of Warmwater here in the (Sunny South).

If you make it into Asheville, you might check in to some North Georgia trout fishing as well...some small stream aircraft carriers in them hills...;)

Tarheelflyfishing
01-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the board Rob...you are a lucky guy living in Colorado.