PDA

View Full Version : Hugh!

donwinn
01-14-2009, 07:22 PM
I have really never offically met him, but I have read several posts on this board from Hugh Hartsell and have seen him in the shop. He is always doing whatever he can to help us become better fly fishermen. From what I have seen, he is just one of those exceptionally nice folks.

Hugh, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to actually get to talk to you soon.

God bless,

BlueRaiderFan
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
What happened to Mr. Hartsell?

Paula Begley
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Hugh is not well and has had to cancel his fly tying demo on Sunday. When I spoke with him today, he was thinking he may be requiring some surgery.

We wish him the very best and are praying for him.

Paula

Tarheelflyfishing
01-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Mr. Hartsell,
I sincerley hope you make a full recover, and hopefully you will not require surgery. You are in my/our prayers...

BlueRaiderFan
01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Yuck, I hope he recovers quickly and will be praying for him.

cardfly
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Hugh,

I hope all turns out well.

I have fished twice with him and I can tell you that he is not only a great teacher and historian but a fine gentleman as well.

flyman
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Hope all goes well Hugh, get well soon. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Plunker
01-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery...thoughts and prayers for you.

Scott H.
01-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Hugh gave me some great information the first time I went to fish in the park.
I was able to catch and release my first native brookies thanks to him.
I don't personally know him, but he seems like a great gentleman.

My thoughts and prayers are with him as well.

Get well Hugh.

Scott

MtnMike
01-15-2009, 09:30 AM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Hugh. We all thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge and love for flyfishing with others.

Mike

Gerry Romer
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Hugh is not well and has had to cancel his fly tying demo on Sunday. When I spoke with him today, he was thinking he may be requiring some surgery.

We wish him the very best and are praying for him.

Paula

Bummer :frown:

Once again I've come this close to meeting the infamous Hugh Hartsell only to have my hopes dashed! ;)

I count 10 immediate responses to this disappointing news... that's pretty strong testimony to the character of the man!

All I can say is Get Well Quickly!

That, and... well I guess the only way I'm gonna get to meet you is to hire you and I'm certainly not above that :biggrin:

Seriously, Hugh, we're all wishing you a speedy recovery!~

jeffnles1
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Hugh,
sorry to hear you're not well. We've never met but I have enjoyed your posts here You will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery

Jeff

fly fisherman DK
01-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Get well quick Hugh!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery, and you will be in my prayers.

fly fisherman DK

David Knapp
01-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Hugh, I'm keeping you in my prayers...hope to make it to one of your demos someday...

Vern
01-16-2009, 01:02 AM
My Prayers are with you, get well before the spring fishing.

russ
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Hugh,
You are in my prayers. I hope you get well very soon.

flyred06
01-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Good luck Hugh, we hope you get feeling better soon.

psnapp
01-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Hugh -- get well soon, bud! Spring is not far away, and I know you must have a huge backorder for flies already. Will keep you and Carolyn in our thoughts and prayers. Drop us a post when you can and let us know how you're doing.

Phil

Tentwing
01-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Hugh;

May God watch over you and yours and guide the hands of those helping to heal you. ..........And may you be back on the water soon.

...........Tentwing

tngreg
01-18-2009, 12:04 AM
We'll keep you in our prayers Mr. Hartsell. I had the fine pleasure of meeting Hugh at one of his previous fly tying demos at LR. It was great as he also gave a lot of tips and tricks during the demo. The stories he told were great as well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Kevin_Thomas
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
This sounds serious and it breaks my heart. Hugh is one of the finest people god put on this earth. I've never met a kinder more giving person. I'm praying for you too Hugh! And I'm sure we will see you on the stream soon! ~Kevin

Bran
01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Sir,
Although I've never met you I've heard many good things about you. I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and love of the great gifts God has given us in his creation. I have you in my prayers and I hope you don't mind, I asked the Christian Flyfishers to put you on our prayer list there. I hope you are better as I write this and may the Lord bless you and guide those who are administering your care.--Bran

Duggie
02-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Can anyone give an update on our friend?

BlueRaiderFan
02-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I 2nd that update.

Hugh Hartsell
02-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Guys,
I'm alive and kicking, and improving every day. I got out yesterday and did my first trip on the river since I became sick. The treatments still cause me to be pretty weak on certain days but things are looking much better and I'm already starting to book trips for the weeks ahead. If you haven't seen the report that I placed on my website last night, drop over to the Reports Page and get ready to gasp in a big time way. Some of you have wondered about the bigger rainbows and browns feeding on the Shad that have been pouring through the turbines of the Norris and Cherokee Dams. Just take a look at the fish in the pictures and your questions will be answered. It will also give you a little bit of a picture of the past as to what we used to see coming from the Little Tennessee River, when it was in it's prime. Every year that the fish survive in the Holston, the closer we get to seeing just what a river can produce.
Thanks guys for your concern and continued prayers.
Hugh

stuart
02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better. I was thinking of you ol buddy.

STU

duckypaddler
03-01-2009, 10:23 AM
While I only met you once at the free fly tying demo at LRO, it was immediate apparent of what a precious resource you are to the fly fishing community. You knowlegde of fly tying and aquatic insects was impressive to say the least. I was talking to another buddy of mine about us hiring you for a day since your prices are so reasonable. I know I would love to soak up as much as I could from you, and glad to here you are doing future bookings. I also love that you seem to have the knowledge about the more remote fishing which even many a veteran to this board seem to be ignorant of. And thanks again for that zebra midge you tied me; I took it up to Norris that next week and landed a nice rainbow!

Rest, De-stress, and get better!
James Locke