PDA

View Full Version : Little River in the winter

Crockett
01-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Just an informal poll here. If you all were going to fish the little river right now which general area listed below would you expect would be productive this time of year.

- Along 321 from Walland to townsend
- Below the "Wye" just inside the park
- In the park off the little river road somewhere between the "Wye" and Elkmont
- Or up at Elkmont along the little river trail

Just curious and feel free to offer up opinions on any of these or any stretches/areas I left off the list here...

jeffnles1
01-29-2009, 02:09 PM
How about one more option -
In my mind from the warm comfort of my big comfy couch?

Jeff :smile:

Troutman
01-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I think the most "productive" area on the little river this time of year is through Townsend itself. Those stocker bows don't care how cold the water temps are. Swinging a black woolly bugger through the deeper runs and pools are usually all you need to do.

There have been a few times during the winter when I've been lucky enough to find some fish rising to dries up inside the park. These were in areas where the sun can warm the water enough to get a hatch. I had to fish a 15ft leader with 6x and either a small griffiths gnat or a size 18 para adams. The fish were very spooky but it was fun.

chad134
01-31-2009, 07:55 PM
anyone have details on the new bridge going in above the one lane bridge at Kinzel Springs from 321 to old walland hwy? it looked like they were going to span the river without putting another pylon in the middle of the river. anyone know?

nvr2L8
02-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Check out Byron's fishing report on 1/30. He's got the scoop on Townsend bridges including the new one.

Waterborn
02-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Personally I like upper abrams for winter, but a close second with out the drive in would be the sinks to metcalf - mostly around metalf...

Bran
02-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Now is that old one lane bridge the same one that is shown in old pictures of the Inn at Kinzell Springs? Looks like it may have originally been a foot bridge?--Bran