PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Hugh!

nvr2L8
02-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I see you're on line tonight. Just want to let you know there are a lot of prayers going up on your behalf from the LRO family.

Hugh Hartsell
02-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Thank you, to all who have been concerned about my health and recovery. I just got back from a 5 day stint at the hospital where I have been receiving treatment. It felt great to be back on the board for a while. Keep the good stories coming and that will be my entertainment and livelihood to give me strength, and keep improving. When you've never been sick in your life, and all of a sudden, you're flat on your back, it is a big change in life. I love you all and your enthusiam for this great sport. I'm hoping to see many of you again soon.
Hugh

PeteCz
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Hugh we're all thinking about you. Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

Paula Begley
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Hugh,

Many, many people have asked after you while here in the shop. You are in the thoughts of many.

We continue to keep you in our prayers.

Paula

flyred06
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Good to hear you are better. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

pmike
02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Just letting you know despite any past "challenges", my thoughts and prayers are with you for a complete and quick recovery and that all of your needs would be met of the Lord as you mend!

Having had some challenges myself this past year, I realize all the more what a blessing of the Lord it is to enjoy good health. I pray that your recovery will be of such a nature and magnitude that everyone short of the Lord would be amazed.

I love this Holy Spirit inspired prayer, prayed by the Apostle Paul and pray it for myself as well as others. I believe the Lord will honor the prayers of those who love ya and exceed all of our positive and God inspired expectations as it declares in the 20th verse of the text pasted below...

Eph 3:14-21
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. KJV

Byron Begley
02-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi Hugh,

Give me a call when you have time. I'm at the shop every day. I talked to Carolyn a couple of weeks ago but it would be good to hear from you. Take care buddy. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Byron

FLYFSN
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Hugh,

I fished the SoHo last Thursday and thought of you often. You have made us all better fly fishers. May God bless and strengthen you daily.

Treecatcher2
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Hugh
Hope you are continuing to improve. You will be in our prayers and concerns.

cardfly
02-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Hugh,

Good to see you online. Hope your recovery is a quick one.

Grumpy
02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Hugh

I talked to Ernie a few weeks back, we're thinking of you down here in the valley as well, Godspeed my friend.

Grumpy

Gerry Romer
02-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey Hugh --

Just noticed you were back online this AM. Good to see you back every now and then. Hope things are progressing nicely for you!! I'm looking forward to hiring you for a Smokies trip or Holston trip ( haven't fished the Holston yet) when you're up for it!

Gerry Romer

Hugh Hartsell
02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Yep! I'm setting here behind the vice this morning and I have to check the board every couple of hours to keep my eyes from crossing when I'm doing detailed work. I know what type of feelings you're having when you see those generation schedules looking a little more favorable and if I could give you just a thought about fishing the Clinch tomorrow, it would be to get that Bill Hall fellow, to take you over to the Holston River for a few hours. He'll make you forget all about the Clinch. I hope that you can get out.
Hugh

Gerry Romer
02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
...get that Bill Hall fellow, to take you over to the Holston River for a few hours. He'll make you forget all about the Clinch. I hope that you can get out.

Well, Hugh, I couldn't get Bill to take me himself, but he did put me on some mighty fine water via phone. After another unsuccessful trip to the Clinch on Sunday, Bill directed me to a really nice stretch of private access water on the Holston!!

This was my first trip to the Holston and I was armed with only the info I've gotten from this board. After a slow start, I managed a 12" Brown and a similar 'bow... then I tied into this guy: 17", fat and sassy. If he's representative of rainbows in the Holston, I'll definitely be back for more :biggrin:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/gwrom/HolstonRainbow2_9_09-1.jpg

Now I have to wonder about Holston Browns :eek::eek:

Gerry Romer

Hugh Hartsell
02-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Gerry,
There is nothing that I can say that the picture doesn't already speak volumns about. My hat is off to you brother. You did well! I'm sure that I'll run into you down there sometime soon, and you'll be hooked into his big brother.
Hugh

nvr2L8
02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm curious about the trout that Gerry caught. I have caught trout like this with the snub nose (like somebody sanded their snout back) and yet most I've caught have a more pointed head. Different strain or just individuals like all of us have different looking faces? Inquiring minds need to know.

Hugh Hartsell
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Charlie,
This is typical of tailwater trout in a setting where there is so much food available that the fish have something in front of them continuously. It causes the body to grow faster than the head and when you compare it to mountain raised fish, they can look quite different. Some of it may be genetics, but the food source is the major factor.
Hugh

Gerry Romer
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
As I said, this guy was fat and sassy. I didn't think I'd be able to net him the way he was running - and those weed beds are pretty thick - so I decided to work him over to the shallow water for a pic. When I revived him for release is when I noticed just how fat he was! That doesn't show up so well in the pic, but if you compare the span of his tail to the size of his head you get a better idea.

Gerry

nvr2L8
02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Here's one that I caught in Lynn Camp Prong with that sawed-off look. He was a bit of a fatty, too. Guess he found him a good feeding spot.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/nvr2l8_chuck/MiddleProng014.jpg