PDA

View Full Version : Asheville

Hoosier
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I am coming to Asheville the last week of February. I have training all week but hoping maybe we could break out a little early one or two days. Can anybody recommend anything real close that I may be able to make a quick dash to for an hour or two in the afternoons/evenings?

Thanks in advance!

Stonefly
02-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm sure you'll hear from someone who lives on that side of the hill and knows better than I do, but I'd suggest the North Mills, would be pretty close.

sb

mstone
02-04-2009, 09:13 PM
If you go over towards North Mills, you should make it to the Davidson. Nice size stream, excellent chance for a good fish. Midge pupa,small,small. Going to Black Mountain soon, so I may get a chance to try it myself. Hoosier I use to live in Jeffersonville, across from Louville, KY.

Good luck,

mstone

Hoosier
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I will probably try both. I figure something close like North Mills would be good if I can get out an hour or two early. Maybe Davidson for the half day I have.

mstone, I am over here in the SW corner of the state staring at corn, soybeans, and coal mines. Rare to get into the Smoky's area but when I do I try to get out and fish what I can. So I want to take as much advantage of this as I can. Hope to make a move to that area sometime in the future, after kids are out of school in 20 years.

mstone
02-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Hoosier,
we have lots of trout water between East Tennessee and Western North Carolina. Lived here most of my life and still fish new water every year. The tailwaters are my favorite, but getting back in the mountains is a real treat. Good luck when you go.

mstone

BlueRaiderFan
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
You could fly fish Biltmore:

http://www.biltmore.com/visit/activities/fly_fishing.asp

flynut
02-21-2009, 02:04 PM
The Davidson and North Mills are both great spots. I have a cousin out there that I visit a few times a year and those are the two rivers we usually hit. The Davidson gets a lot of pressure and the fish are very picky. North Mills is usually less crowded and it's a little more out of the way. There are also lots of other great streams around there though, although I don't remember what they're called.

Good Luck and enjoy Asheville!