PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg trip

TallyBlitz
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
First got to say what a beautiful shop LRO was, got to spend only a short time there got some flys and had to meet the female gang back towards elkmont for a roadside lunch and throw a few flys, I got to meet Byron.
The weather was not as good as I would have liked, while in elkmont got 1 brown to my hand and broke another off trying to get it out of some fast moving water, fished 5 hours another day in town and had no luck. I tried everything short of explosives. I got sick of telling myself NICE DRIFT.
But there is always June.

Thanks everyone for all the info on my gear post.

Ok I got another gear question, I got home a went to a stock pond here in Tallahassee today it is stocked with Triploid Kamloops and regular Kamloops, its really open with no real stuff in the way, but my problem was I could not seem to make a long cast to save my life, I was using a 4x leader 7' long 24 inch tippit with a weighted long shank wooly booger
(what the locals are using), My outfit is a TFO combo so not sure on the fly line. Is there a better fly line to use when longer casting is a needed?
I know my lack of casting is a issue, but I have used other peoples outfits with no problems in the grass flats, so not really sure. the wind was not really a issue.
No clue so maybe you guys can steer me in the right direction

FI-sherman

afoshie
02-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Try using 2 or 3 x leader and tippett for a weighted bugger