PDA

View Full Version : Garden City, SC

Flyfishjeep
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Heading out for a much anticipated spring break vacation. Wife and kids will enjoy not being at home for a week. Leaving March 14th.
Has anyone fished that area this early in the season?
I always seem to be there at the end of May or Oct. and I don't have a clue to what I would be seeing this time of year.
Thanks for any help.
-Flyfishjeep

Flyfishjeep
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
One week and counting! Flies are stocked and rods ready to go. Now if I can just arrange the fish to bite I will be a happy camper.

TroutAssassin
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Make sure to take plenty of pics! Good luck on your trip! Im excited to see how the trip goes.

Flyfishjeep
03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Arrived at the house with rain and cold weather in the forecast for the first couple days. Finally got out Tuesday with a cold wind and rougher waves. Caught 3 puffer/dogfish and 2 whiting and a double drop spin rig. One of the puffer fish stayed inflated as we threw him back in the water. He bounced a couple times and then deflated and took off.

Wed offered a great chance to take the flyrod out with almost no wind. Very sunny and I hit the inlet for some early redfish. Nothing was swimming or biting. Fished for about 3 hrs and didn't see anything.

Thursday offered nothing and Friday was too cold for anything.

Great time was still had by all since the location was nice and family seemed to get along.
I can't wait to get back once the water is a little warmer and the fish start biting.

kytroutman
03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Jeep, next time, take a short jump down to Murrell's Inlet.

TroutAssassin
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the fishing. Sometimes getting away is just as good! All this college work has killed my plans for the gulf this month, go figure:rolleyes:. Glad to hear you and your family had a good time. Thats all that really matters anyways.:smile: