PDA

View Full Version : new cane rod

flyred06
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I just got my new cane rod in from builder Walter Babb. This is a beautiful rod. The work this man puts out is great. It is a 8' 6wt with 2tips. I have only got to cast it on the lawn for a few minutes (due to the weather) and it cast well. If weather permits I plan on getting away from the fly tying desk this weekend and give it a try on some waters around here. Later on I may try and post some pics of this rod. Thanks Walter it is Just what I was expecting. :smile:

gmreeves
02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I would definately be interested in seeing some pics and also maybe getting to see it person someday. Congrats on your new rod. If I can get some ferrules installed tonight, I'll be test casting an 8' 6wt this weekend. It would be cool to see the differences in how the two of them cast.

flyred06
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
gm if I do get to make it down your way this weekend I will throw it in the vehicle for you to check out. I would love to see some of your work and cast them to. From the pics I have seen of your work I think you definately are in the same category as some of the great builders.

gmreeves
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Cool. I would love to see it. I'm going to get my taxes done Saturday at 2:00. Give me a call if you plan on coming down in the morning.

flyred06
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM
will do. I am not sure but I would love to come down. I will give you a call before I leave out.