PDA

View Full Version : Back Country Trip potential dates May 23,24,25,26.

tennswede
02-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi all,

Looking for a partner to do a back country trip. We can drop a car at each end of our itinerary or we can do a round trip with one vehicle. I have several potential routes in mind but Hazel Creek is going to be the headliner. I know this is a crowded "Holiday Weekend" but I think my plan will work around that. I'm doing mostly serious fishing and very little time spent cooking. I will use a small alcohol stove and camp very lite. If interested to discuss further, please shoot me an email at ahlstedt@knology.net

Speckleman5
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Shoot me an email. I'll be in Hazel Creek from the 13th through the 24th. I can't wait for this trip. The trip of a lifetime, just shy of two weeks in the middle of May. What more could you ask for? corbodiesel@yahoo.com

tennswede
03-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Bumping this one, still time to shoot me an email. I have pretty much scrapped the idea of excessive hiking due to time constraints. This will be a shuttle trip from the marina. Any takers?

BlueRaiderFan
03-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Any luck, Swede?

duckypaddler
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I should have 2 newborns running around then and I don't think my wife would let me get away with that. I live in Knoxville and would be happy to do a good day trip with you sometime. I'm all about hiking 10 miles in a day and still getting in 6 hours of fishing in. I noticed you do many healthy day trips that many would do as an overnighter.

James Locke
jtlocke@tds.net
865-966-5036

tennswede
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Sure, we can hook up some time. Yes I used to do a lot of day trips but recently I've discovered the joy of staying a night or two. It takes some pressure off, of making it back home in time. Anyway, shoot me an email next time your in need of a hiking partner.

tennswede
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Blueraiderfan, No luck yet, maybe I should begin gold digging instead. There's was actually a swedish immigrant to Alaska during the heyday of gold mining. He is talked about still in Sweden and referred to as "lucky swede" but it ain't me. LOL.

PeteCz
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey Hans, check your email...

BlueRaiderFan
03-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Blueraiderfan, No luck yet, maybe I should begin gold digging instead. There's was actually a swedish immigrant to Alaska during the heyday of gold mining. He is talked about still in Sweden and referred to as "lucky swede" but it ain't me. LOL.

Nah, you're our only Swede!:biggrin: You're famous to us;) I would go, but I have a cabin for that weekend in Townsend.

KnoxBioBenz
03-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I shot you over an e-mail wede.
I think that is a great idea and at a perfect time.
Is anyone else planning on doing a 1 night trip to Abrams, Big Creek, LR, or anything else in the TN side of the Smokies.
I am thinking og going up for a night or two in late March or early April.
Just an idea.
Shoot me over an e-mail if you are.
Zack@libertyagrifuels.com

hw3
03-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Hans: Will look at schedule, and try to work out. I have access to a Hazel Creek Cart, which holds abt 200# of gear and can be easily pushed up Hazel. With four days, need to get the first shuttle on the party barge to the trailhead, and time on trail depends on which campsite can be booked for Mem Day weekend. As I recall, Bone is abt 7 miles, and abt 4 hrs with a cart, assuming no badly rutted trail and all bridges intact; also depends on level of Fontana and how close to the trailhead he can get the barge.
Skip Watson

tennswede
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
hw3,

Slight change of plans, I've got two potential taker on this and we are doing a shorter trip. Leaving Sat Am , hoping to be at campsite 84 at about noon. It is about 5 miles up. Staying until Mon, AM. Trying to be at proctor at noon.