PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg fishing question

nunavut4
02-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I have to be in Gatlinburg very early this coming Sunday morning on church business. Then I have about five hours or so before I have to be back in Knoxville.

My question is, Is it worth fishing the water right around Gatlinburg this time of year or should I just head up the west prong? What would be the better area to fish around town if I decide to do so?

Thanks for your help.
Mark

Speckleman5
02-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Search through past threads about Gatlinburg, you'll probably find more info than you need.

flyred06
02-25-2009, 07:18 PM
This area could definately prove to be worth you time to fish. The waters directly below No Way Jose always stacks some fish.

nvr2L8
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
If you want to avoid paying for the Gatlinburg City fishing permit, move on upstream. If you're looking for concentrations of fish and don't mind buying the permit, Gatlinburg is for you.

rainBBow
02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I fished on the spur two weeks ago around the visitors center/ water treatment facility. Lots of fish stacked up, many nice size, caught alot. They were stockers, but many put up a nice fight. You will need a Gatlinburg day permit available at LRO or the vistors center. Have fun and be prepared to cath fish.

nunavut4
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for all of the information. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Take Care,
Mark