PDA

View Full Version : Cosby Campground

dropper
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I think i have asked this before but here it goes again. If i am coming from SC on I40 through Ashville, how do i get to Cosby Campground? Maybe a exit number off of I40. I assume this would be the best route.

ijsouth
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
There are a couple of ways you could get there from I-40; probably the quickest way is to take the Foothills Parkway exit and travel the short (about 7 miles) segment of the parkway to US321. From there, take a left towards Cosby - the stream will actually be on your right as you drive. Eventually, Cosby Creek travels under 321, and shortly you'll be in downtown Cosby. 321 then turns to the west, towards Gatlinburg - you'll want to continue straight, which then becomes TN 32. About a mile further down the road, you'll see the road to the campground. The actual campground is a few miles inside the park boundary.

dropper
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the info ijsouth.
I see you are a Bayou Bengal. Im stopping in Baton Rouge for a few days in june on my way to Dallas. Any suggestion on fishing if i get time.

ijsouth
03-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Well, if you have the time, I would see about hooking up with a guide - there's a bunch, and they will put you on the fish. You really have to have a boat to fish the vast marshes of Southeast Louisiana, and it's incredibly easy to get lost. By June, freshwater action is slowing down with the heat, but the inshore saltwater action is really good.