PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly new

PatO
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,
I'm not really new to the board but never put anything here so I thoutht I would. I'm another Bama flyfisher further from the mountains than I would like but I get there when I can. I have a five year old son named Cole so I figure I have 3 or 4 years to get my park game down so he and I can walk those beautiful streams until I can't pull the hills anymore. So I may leaning on you guys a bit for a few years and by what I have seen over the last several years I'm in good hands. Thanks in advance.
Patrick

flyred06
03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Pato another Bama boy here, where in bama are you from. There seams to be alot of us around.

flyguys
03-09-2009, 09:00 PM
PatO,
Keep the little ones interested in fishing. One of the best trips my son and I had was fishing above Treemont Institute in the GSMNP. Miles from nowhere and quality time spent with each other. Being from west TN we can't make it over as much as we woulld like to either, but the thought of the next trip is what keeps up pumped up and ready to go!! We hopeyou have a great year fishing! flyguys

bigpopper
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the board PatO! Lookin forward to sharing info and reports with ya.

PatO
03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey Flyred06,
I'm from Decatur here on the beutiful Tennessee river and fish here when I can but it's not the mountains. I'm fairly familier with Gasden my family is from Anniston and we haul totes through there several times a week with my business.

nvr2L8
03-11-2009, 08:30 PM
PatO,

Glad to have you finally jump in with us; the water's fine!

The Little River Trail above Elkmont Campground is great place to go to take a little one. Fairly level trail with great views of the river. Plenty to see and lots of opportunities to throw rocks in the water (yeah, I had a little boy once, too!). Even before he's ready to fish, exposing him to the river's bound to be a good thing.

All the best for a lifetime ahead for both you on the streams!

PatO
03-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks Charlie, and the rest of you guys for the notes and info I look forward to sharing stories of my Cole Man coming to love the mountains and every thing in them from the people down to the caddis nymphs.
Thanks
Patrick

gmreeves
03-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome PatO. There are a few of us from Alabama on the board. You will get plenty of good info on the park as well as surrounding areas.