PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Brevard, NC?

dogfish
03-12-2009, 12:01 PM
My grandfather is heading over to the Brevard area this weekend and he was asking me if I knew of any potential fishing destinations in that area, and I personally do not, but I knew that the answer would be on this forum. My grandfather is not the most agile person ever, but he was the one who taught me how to fish and has been doing it all his life. He is a spin fisherman who would need some easy access wading destination. If anyone might be able to help me out with some information, it would be most appreciated. Also, if there is any tackle shop in the area that you might know of that too would be of help to him. Thanks much.

lee0070
03-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Try the North Mills northeast of Brevard or the East Fork of the French Broad River southwest of Brevard. Both are DH water and will have plenty of fish to be cought. Very easy access at both. There are many wild trout streams in the area...but will be much tougher fishing.

troutslayer3393
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I am actually heading to Brevard tomorrow to spend my spring break with one of my fly fishing friends. I love to fish the north mills. There are plenty of fish to be caught in that river. Also, the green river is a tail water that is close to the Brevard area. Since your grandfather is a spin fisherman, It would be easy for him to fish the green because it is wide open and has easy acess. Although the fishing acces is easy, the road that leads to the river is a couple miles of some of the steepest grade in America...BE CAREFUL

dogfish
03-17-2009, 01:57 AM
thats for the help guys- good look on your spring break trip slayer