PDA

View Full Version : What's this rod worth

FishNHunt
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I found a "custom made Winston LTX 9' 5 wt 3 piece" It's only been used at most half a dozen times. It comes with the aluminum tube and cloth rod sleeve. What would this rod be valued at?

bones
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd give betwen $200 and $350

flyman
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Most of the time a Winston factory rod will have a better resale value than a custom rod made on a Winston blank. I would have to see the rod to give you a better answer. I think Bones is in the ball park though. Would you consider a trade? I'll give you a 1971 Ford LTD with a 8 track player, runs good :biggrin:. You would have to come get it though because it's currently up on blocks in the yard. It's is the Special Edition one, with the faux wood paneling on the doors. I'll even throw in a couple of classic 8 tract tapes, Abba's greatest hits, and the Best of The Bee Gees ;)

lauxier
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
don't listen to flyman-he's trying to take advantage of you---listen to me---i'm your friend--because i have in my possession the complete 12 cassette tape set of Vladamir and the Polish Sausage Polka Boys great masterpiece "Polka All Night"--that's right fishnhunt,you get all those great hits inone package-you get hits like--the beer polka---the dark beer polka---the vodka polka---the vodka polka II and III---the reissued vodka polka--and the cirrohsis polka----i will trade but will need boot(cash please---)--your pal redlicktrout

flyred06
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I will trade one slightly used ex-wife and one currently in production wife. No boot required from you. Even swap. The other two guys are trying to get your rod for nothing. I value this swap to be about a $250 value. :eek: Just think it over.:rolleyes: No current photos of wives but have high and positive feedback on EBAY.:biggrin:

jeffnles1
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
I'll see the wife and thorw in a beady eyed lap weasel of a little mutt dog.

Jeff

Gerry Romer
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll see the wife and thorw in a beady eyed lap weasel of a little mutt dog.

Jeff

Would that be the wife's beady eyed lap weasel?:rolleyes:

FishNHunt
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reply guys..... Sorry I don't need any X wives I have one of those myself. No, I found this rod on Craigslist.com for $150 and was considering getting it for my fiance....(yeah, it take acouple times for some of us to learn)...I mean myself but, I didn't know if this was a fair price for the rod. She is wanting to learn to flyfish. I told her about it last night and told her I was thinking about getting it for her..she turned, looked at me and says "honey you have two fly rods and you can't use both at the same time" "Uh, guess not... sure just use one of mine" was my responce. So the rod is still on craigslist.

billyspey
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
what ever you are willing to pay. they usually bring a good price if in good condition . is it the action you like [slow to medium] , does it have a down locking reel seat,what type of wood , ck. the winston forum see what others who own green stik might say.

jeffnles1
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Would that be the wife's beady eyed lap weasel?:rolleyes:

Gerry,
You would be correct in that assumption. :biggrin:

Jeff

PeteCz
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
"honey you have two fly rods and you can't use both at the same time" "Uh, guess not... sure just use one of mine"

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

flyman
03-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Yep..................................now you will be buying 2 of everything :biggrin:

billyspey
03-18-2009, 08:48 AM
this might turn out great you might stand a better chance of getting something that you might enjoy when at holiday time on those me too gifts.i hate those gifts you know it is ment for her.you always get left out. don,t ever let your wife know how many rods you own. my wife ask , how much money i had in my fishing stuff[she calls it stuff] my answer was that i didn't keep a running tally.but not as nuch as she has of stuff on her hands. she never ask again.

The Principal
03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
It could also mean you don't need to spend money on that , you already have two.
Everyone knows two fly rods are never enough. Be weary my friend ,restrictions might
apply on amounts of important equipment after the nuptuals. I say this with 35 years
of experience. You have two, why we need another one. That type of thing.

billyspey
03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
yes and i am on my 3rd, wife so you can have as many as you like, from my experience.

Jswitow
03-20-2009, 02:01 PM
My wife wouldn't use one of my rods. She's too afraid of breaking one of them! You need to work on this........... so you can get that rod! To me.... $ 150.00 is more than I would pay for a custom Winston, unless it looks really nice. Often the customs aren't nearly the build quality of the factory rods.
Best,
John