PDA

View Full Version : Intro and book question

streamsideguy
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, I am Phillip and I am from Ohio. I really likw the idea of fishing the park, beautiful place to hike, but haven't ever taken a rod up there.

I would like to know (because I refuse to ask for spots or creek names, simply because I love the thrill of the chase, and let my mind run free) which books I can use for finding small streams in the park. I already own Don Kirk's book. Are there any others you yourself would buy? What about maps? Where can I pick up some in depth maps of the park. I normally spend about three weeks a year at my aunt's lake house in Spring City TN and fish the park 5-6 times when I am there. I am a map and book nerd, seeing as work and school leave me dreaming for trout. thanks for any help!

old tom
03-21-2009, 07:00 AM
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/store/product.php?productid=17481&cat=997&page=1

In my opinion, you've already got the two best books on fishing the park.

cherokeeflyboy
03-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Hello Phillip, not sure how much this will help but here is something to check out if not it does not cost anything unless you print it yourself.

www.nps.gov/carto/PDF/GRSMmap4.pdf

Mark

buzzmcmanus
03-21-2009, 08:20 AM
You've got the best 2 books in my opinion. LRO sells the map you need. They've got free shipping!

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/store/product.php?productid=17481&cat=997&page=1

Lots of guys from Ohio on this board. All of them are helpful. Scan through previous posts, and you'll learn alot.

sammcdonald
03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
the free park map is useless for fishing/hiking/and for most driving....either go to the visitor center and BUY a map or order the topo national geographic from byron or the park store link on www.nps.gov/grsm

streamsideguy
03-21-2009, 01:16 PM
thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. That map appears to be just what I am looking for. thanks for the help, and I look forward to seeing more posts in the future.

flyred06
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
welcome to the board.