View Full Version : Intro and book question

03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, I am Phillip and I am from Ohio. I really likw the idea of fishing the park, beautiful place to hike, but haven't ever taken a rod up there.

I would like to know (because I refuse to ask for spots or creek names, simply because I love the thrill of the chase, and let my mind run free) which books I can use for finding small streams in the park. I already own Don Kirk's book. Are there any others you yourself would buy? What about maps? Where can I pick up some in depth maps of the park. I normally spend about three weeks a year at my aunt's lake house in Spring City TN and fish the park 5-6 times when I am there. I am a map and book nerd, seeing as work and school leave me dreaming for trout. thanks for any help!

old tom
03-21-2009, 07:00 AM

In my opinion, you've already got the two best books on fishing the park.

03-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Hello Phillip, not sure how much this will help but here is something to check out if not it does not cost anything unless you print it yourself.

03-21-2009, 08:20 AM
You've got the best 2 books in my opinion. LRO sells the map you need. They've got free shipping!

Lots of guys from Ohio on this board. All of them are helpful. Scan through previous posts, and you'll learn alot.

03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
the free park map is useless for fishing/hiking/and for most driving....either go to the visitor center and BUY a map or order the topo national geographic from byron or the park store link on www.nps.gov/grsm

03-21-2009, 01:16 PM
thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. That map appears to be just what I am looking for. thanks for the help, and I look forward to seeing more posts in the future.

03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
welcome to the board.