PDA

View Full Version : Clinch Report: Saturday, March 21

MadisonBoats
03-22-2009, 09:34 AM
The fish were hopping today on the Clinch. We caught about 15 decent fish and missed about the same number.

Caught one 22" Brown....
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=140
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=141
-Bro's Fish

*Did have one miss-hap! Hit the rocks with the motor again and had to paddle back 3 hours:redface:.
Does anyone have an idea with the motor when you hit a rock and the crank is hard to turn afterwards...? Replaced the shear pin, but it seems like something is binding. It did this once before and I had to completely rebuild the motor...

I will share the fly we were catching these on if you can help...? Nah, would share to the regulars anyway... I would appreciate any thoughts - good or bad...

Shawn

streamsideguy
03-22-2009, 07:04 PM
good report minus the minor mishap with the rocks.

Rockyraccoon
03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds like you've bent something in the lower unit, meaning it will have to be rebuilt. :frown:

MadisonBoats
03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Sounds like you've bent something in the lower unit, meaning it will have to be rebuilt. :frown:

I was thinking the same... Just rebuilt it too... Thanks for taking the time to reply bud...

David Knapp
03-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice brown! Looks like the Clinch is fishing well...

MadisonBoats
04-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Fished the Clinch Friday and Monday.

The fishing a was a little slow Friday with water temp around 44. I caught 10.

Monday, with the sun turned them on. We ended up with about 30 and about 10 decent fish. However, most of the catch was just average in size... I will attach a few pics...

Killing them on DACE and Mickey Finns...:biggrin:
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=144
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=145

dogfish
04-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Made it out to the clinch yesterday afternoon- fish were poppin up top although reluctant to take anything I was offering in the flats- however, a dropper rig with smaller stripper midges, anatomy, or pt were gettin the job done.

MadisonBoats
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Made it out to the clinch yesterday afternoon- fish were poppin up top although reluctant to take anything I was offering in the flats......

:biggrin:Killing them on DACE and Mickey Finns...:biggrin:

TroutBum88
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Clinch fished well above the Weir yesterday (4/2). Caught several decent rainbows, one 20 inch. Beautiful looking fish, good to see vegatation and bugs back in abundance on that part of the river!

monktrout
04-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Did my time on the Clinch today above the weir. The wind was up and kept the visible surface activity down. Fishing was almost not fun. Caught a few small ones and lost a couple of decent fish. Seemed to like a red butt soft hackle. Monk

ChemEAngler
04-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the reports.

I am not really liking TVA's generation schedule right now. I can't fish down river until around 5 or 6 in the evening with this schedule. I will just continue fishing other rivers until I like the schedule better I guess.

MadisonBoats
04-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the reports.

Give me a shout sometime Travis if you want to drift the Clinch in my boat. I run it at all levels. Sometimes with bad mishaps when it comes to hitting rocks...:eek:

But, that will soon be reduced with my new setup...
Shawn

ChemEAngler
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Give me a shout sometime Travis if you want to drift the Clinch in my boat. I run it at all levels.

Shawn,

Thanks for the offer, and I may have to take you up on that soon.

mlstiehl
04-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Clinch fished very well last Saturday.
Started at the jail at 9am. Fish were not rising. Actually caughts some fish that looked like they were laying right on the bottom. Lots of 12 to 13 inch browns, did not look like stockers but how know. Fins were not rubbed off. Moved to weir after water turned off at 1pm. Caught one really nice deep rainbow on wooly bugger. Dead difted wb and zebra midge through most of the deep water and picked up more nice bows and browns. Did not catch any brookies all day. Fish started rising and switched to a size 20 parachute adams and a small midge emerger that I tye. Picked up lots of smaller fish. Also spent time throwing rocks at the herons that were catching more fish that most everyone else.

All in all a great day, I estimate around 30 fish with atleast 10 going over 12 inches best fish would have been one long skinny brown.

Another tip for lunch stop at Golden Girls, in and out in 20 minutes, $6.00 for the lunch special

MadisonBoats
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok, well - the Mickey Finns are still very hot if you want to catch numbers.

Averaging 30-40 fish per outing....

ChemEAngler
04-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Shawn,

Can you shoot me an email at knxtravis80 at gmail.com? I am thinking about hitting the river on Friday afternoon, and was curious if you were free?

MadisonBoats
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Travis,
I will send you an email shortly with my contact info...

I should be able to get free this Friday or at least for the second-half of the day!

Ordered a propeller slip clutch for my boat motor and it should come in this week. If not, I have a good friend that is always up with a good setup...

SM