PDA

View Full Version : great fishing at the blue river

Rob GRiggs
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
I came out to North carolina this past thursday to sunday and wow what a beautiful place to fish. I went to the North Mills river and camped out all weekend. For all the people that gave me the thumbs down on fishing at night I would like you to know that I didnt fish at night. Kinda a weird rule though. We didnt do very good by the campground but up stream we did pretty good we all caught fish and like I said before it is truly beautiful there. On Saturday we hiked past the reservoir and fished the stream that is on the opposite side of the lake and caught some beautiful native rainbows. I really love fishing small streams and with the trees so low to the water it made it even better. I love a good challenge. The BWO were coming off every where. BWO's and a #22 bead head nymph was pretty standard. Although we did throw on a midge and a streamer or too. On Sunday we packed up early and headed over to the Blue river. Once again another beautiful place alot bigger and a "wild water" area. I really worked that river and caught so many fish that I lost count. I lost count around 20. They were all brookies the largest pushing 15". If this is a wild water area does any one know if the fish there spawn? That was the best day I had there. I think it was because its kinda like the rivers here. You guys are really lucky to live in a state so pretty. I know that Colorado is pretty but its a different kinda pretty.

lee0070
03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a great trip. Just one thing...I have never heard of the Blue River in North Carolina. I know there is one in Colorado. Could you tell me where it was at?

Rob GRiggs
03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow, everyone knows I am color blind I ment to say the Green River. Sorry about that.

Stonefly
03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Green River near Saluda, down by the SC line?

sb

Rob GRiggs
03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah its was about 25 miles from S.C.