PDA

View Full Version : Southern end of the park

FishNHunt
03-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I fished the southern end of the park yesterday in the pouring rain. As I was gearing up some spring breakers were getting back from their two day hike. They asked if there were any fish in the little creek I was fishing. I said " you bet cha there are" little did I know just how good the fishing was fixing to be. The first hole I dropped my double nymph rig in netted two 8 inch bows. I made it to my favorite hole and netted my largest bow from the park 11 3/4 inchs. I made it to a deep dark hole that just looked like a big fish hang out. I dropped in it only to see a black torpedo come from the swift water and devour my indicator. The water exploded and I could tell it was a brown.. big brown. I switched to an adams and tried like heck to get another rise from her but to no avail. In all I landed 13 fish in 2 hours of fishing in a pouring rain. These fish were obviously lake run fish. At some points in the creek I can lay my 3 wt across it and the fish look out of place for their size compared to the size of the creek. Also these fish were displaying some absolutely beautiful spawning colors. I wish I had some pictures to show but I was affraid of getting my camera wet.

BlueRaiderFan
03-26-2009, 09:10 PM
That's why I fish stimulator dries as indicators. Looks like you had a great day! Congrats!

cherokeeflyboy
03-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I would say that was a great day. Try putting you camara in a ziplock bag...some bags are clearer than others, but it will keep it dry. It will not be perfect but you can get that picture of that 11 3/4 lb and BRAG about it.

Jswitow
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
I have a Canon Sure Shot waterproof 35 mm camera if you have any interest. jswitow@hotmail.com

Sounds like a great day.

John