PDA

View Full Version : LRO Member TNFishinStix Purple Heart Bamboo Rod Build

RonS
03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

LRO board member TNFishingStix, aka Leo deMonbreun of the Nashville area, has volunteered to build a Purple Heart bamboo fly rod in support of Project Healing Waters. I'm proud to call Leo a friend and his passion and artistry of bamboo rod building is really shining through on this project. When I shared my idea of puttinng on a benefit event for PHW with Leo and a few other friends, he immediately jumped on board. I wanted to share it with the rod builders here. I have it posted to the Nabours and Friends Web Log. Stop by and take a look if you have a minute. It's very cool and he has sent a few pictures to the blog.

The Purple Heart Rod by Leo deMonbreun for NaboursAndFriends to benefit Project Healing Waters. (http://naboursandfriends.blogspot.com/2009/03/rod-with-heart-or-leos-naf-bamboo-build.html)

Very cool, Leo!

gmreeves
03-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Wonderful looking rod for a great cause. Way to go Leo!

RonS
04-14-2009, 07:08 AM
The rod turned out great.

Lot's of folks casting it and falling in bamboo lust. It brought $850 at the auction! Thanks Leo and thanks to Dan and Cheryl for bidding!

Really fun weekend.

flyred06
04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Awesome job. Way to go Leo. An absolutely wonderful cause.

stuart
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Super nice looking rod. Tennfishstix is a great guy. I was restroing an old boo and he answered tons of questions for me. Some of the over and over probably! He always was nice and helpful. I want to say this was a truly noble thing for you to do Leo. I am sure it will mean alot to the buyer and the orgainization.

STU

sam barbee
07-29-2009, 01:28 AM
if i had the talent to make a rod like that i would make my dad one. do you think i could make one or have someone make one for less than 850$