PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Elkmont

jamorga1
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I was lucky enough to get to leave work early today and go fishing. Any day that you get to fish is a great day. I got to the mountains around 4:15 between Metcalf bottoms and elkmont. During that time I did not see a single rise and few hatches. I tried using a QG but after ten minutes of nothing decided to fish a pheasant tail. Two casts and BAM!!! In 2 hours of fishing I caught seven and hooked into about five others... one that was at least 12". I don't know if it was the weather or what but PT were working the whole time I was there.

I was also thinking of going this weekend and wanted to go somewhere that I have never been before. Somewhere that was beautiful and the fishing is good... I would love maybe a hike to the spot as well...if you know somewhere like that please feel free to share. I have always fished the little river and love it. One of my favorite places though is above Abrams Falls (even though it takes 2 hours to get trough cades cove) if you have a good spot I would love to hear about it. Good luck out there.

John Morgan

adirondack46r
04-02-2009, 09:50 PM
John,

If you haven't tried it already continue up past Elkmont on the trail that runs along the river. It is a beautiful stretch of river and you can hike as far as you want and it's all good fishing. The farther you go, the fewer fisherman you will run into. There are some good pools where a dry may elicit a riser, and lots of riffles that will give up a rainbow or two. I would hike at least a mile or two, drop down into the river and start fishing.

46r