PDA

View Full Version : Checking in From WV

WVBrookie
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I haven't been to the Smokies in four years, but I'm leaving at 5:00 AM Good Friday for the four-day weekend. I fish almost exclusively for brookies but I also like the little wild bows of GSMNP. I love to explore new water!

Staying in the KOA in Townsend and my first stop will be LRO.

I've been in fly shops all over the US and I have to say LRO is probably the best I've seen.

Chris

nvr2L8
04-11-2009, 08:01 AM
WVB,

Good to have you on board. You are down here by now and have been a part of a pretty big storm event and some serious water in the rivers. Hope your visit isn't totally washed out and you are finding some fishable waters.

Thanks for dropping by.

Lumber_Jack
04-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Hope you didnt get washed away this weekend. I know that water was up but I think the fishing report was good for Sunday. By the way good to have some WV blood on here. I am a Parkersburg native now living in Knoxville. Send a report of your trip when you get back

WVBrookie
04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Water was raging until late Sunday. I didn't catch a fish all weekend, but still managed to have a GREAT weekend with my 8-year-old son.

He made some new friends in the fly shop Friday and I was able to explore quite a few new streams. I will be back down later this year and hit some of that new water.

Chris

Streamhound
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Great Blog

Makes me want to visit WV and try my abilities on some of those streams.

Good photos too.

WVBrookie
04-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Great Blog

Makes me want to visit WV and try my abilities on some of those streams.

Good photos too.

I finally got around to updating my blog (http://shocchris.blogspot.com/) with a most excellent (fishless) trip report.

Streamhound,
Anytime you want to come up to WV, drop me a line and I'll hook up with you or hook you up. We have some outstanding fisheries, both native and wild fish!

Chris

Byron Begley
04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the kind comments about LRO. I visited your blog. Great job! You are a gifted photographer and writer. The third component one needs is passion. You have that too. You've got it all brother! Of course we have to figure out all this internet stuff. I'm still a beginner and will be for quite some time.

Byron